Village duo are a batting sensation
DODDINGTON Cricket Club had a successful weekend, with two CCA League victories on Saturday followed by a win in the Fenland Trophy on Sunday. In the Senior League Division Two, the first XI entertained Cottenham and outclassed them with a sensational bat
DODDINGTON Cricket Club had a successful weekend, with two CCA League victories on Saturday followed by a win in the Fenland Trophy on Sunday.
In the Senior League Division Two, the first XI entertained Cottenham and outclassed them with a sensational batting display.
Kiran Brahmbhatt's superb 135 included 20 boundaries and six sixes and was supported by Antony Bamford's equally entertaining 117 as Doddington reached an imposing 358-4.
The home bowlers made sure of the win when Mathew Bamford (2-39), Neil Liversedge (2-61) and Adam Costall (2-61) helped to dismiss the visitors for 280.
The second XI made it a good weekend for Doddington when they beat local rivals March III in the Junior League Division Three.
The Doddington bowlers made it difficult for the home side and Kevin Smith (3-56), Daniel Martell (2-31), Scott Bamford (2-35) and Bob Burgess (1-19) all bowled well to dismiss March for 172. Ryan Faunch, 13, had a debut to remember when he also claimed a wicket.
- 1 Boxing club 'absolutely gutted' as mass brawl abandons show
- 2 Live music, over 100 stalls and fair rides as Christmas market returns
- 3 Thief will spend Christmas in prison after breaching court order
- 4 One arrest and cars seized on busy day for cops
- 5 Owner left excited as town's 'heirloom' features on I'm A Celebrity trial
- 6 Mother pays tribute to “much-loved” son who died near Fen Drayton
- 7 Horse rider injured in crash on Ramsey Road in Warboys
- 8 Drug dealers operating the ‘Marlo’ and ‘Star’ lines have been jailed
- 9 Grandmother paralysed by Covid slowly improving, judge told
- 10 Rail passengers urged to plan ahead of vital junction rebuild
The visitors had no problems in reaching their target thanks to good innings from Clive Dove (73 not out) and Pat O'Connor (41 not out).
The winning streak continued on Sunday when Doddington cruised to victory at home to Upwood in the Fenland Trophy.
Again, good bowling proved crucial as Ben Pyle (4-12), Jamie Long (3-26) and Ivan Burgess (1-17) stamped their authority on the match to dismiss the visitors for 133.
Doddington reached their target in 22.3 overs, with James Harradine continuing his good form with 96 not out, assisted by Rob Moden's 21.
- CHATTERIS first team got their Cambs Senior League Division Three campaign off to a flying start with a comfortable victory over Madingley.
Promoted Chatteris tore apart the Madingley innings courtesy of superb spells of bowling from 16-year-old Max Kelly (3-8), Ant Palmer (2-12), Andy Wool (2-14) and Peter Munns (3-8).
Chasing a total of just 47, Chatteris wrapped up the game in 10 overs thanks to openers James Dawson (22 not out) and Jeff Jackson (18 not out).
Chatteris Cricket Club will be hosting a race night at the pavilion tonight (Friday).