Park Ladies earn successive wins as they cruise to home league victory
- Credit: Archant
Park Ladies made it back-to-back wins with a home thrashing on Sunday.
Erin Powell scored four as the Wimblington side cruised to a 6-0 victory over Cambourne United Women in the Championship North Division of the Cambridgeshire Women’s County League.
Powell struck within 35 seconds for Park, latching onto a cross-field pass from Maddie Jackson, before shooting low past the goalkeeper on three minutes after Francesca Plitsch’s pass.
The hosts took full control of the game as player of the match Powell completed her hat-trick eight minutes after the break, as Plitsch scored from close-range to make it 4-0.
Powell grabbed her fourth and Park’s fifth as she tucked home the rebound from a tight angle after her first shot was saved, while Plitsch rounded off the scoring with a 25-yard strike.
You may also want to watch:
Next up for Park is a trip to Deeping United Ladies in the League Cup on Sunday, October 18, 2pm.
- 1 Woman escapes unharmed after car and bus B1101 crash
- 2 'Numerous cars' in roundabout crash
- 3 ‘I’m tired of being fobbed off’ says customer of Wisbech builder
- 4 Lidl lists Cambridgeshire locations for ‘potential store development’
- 5 Family tribute to grandfather killed in A1123 crash
- 6 Mum overwhelmed by support for 'angel gowns' project
- 7 Tributes paid to 'much loved' Gabija killed in A605 crash
- 8 Uber-style app could mean doorstep bus pick up
- 9 14-year-old footballer's 'dream' comes true after securing England trial
- 10 Wife's tribute to husband killed in B1101 Elm Road crash