Park Ladies earn successive wins as they cruise to home league victory
- Credit: Archant
Park Ladies made it back-to-back wins with a home thrashing on Sunday.
Erin Powell scored four as the Wimblington side cruised to a 6-0 victory over Cambourne United Women in the Championship North Division of the Cambridgeshire Women’s County League.
Powell struck within 35 seconds for Park, latching onto a cross-field pass from Maddie Jackson, before shooting low past the goalkeeper on three minutes after Francesca Plitsch’s pass.
The hosts took full control of the game as player of the match Powell completed her hat-trick eight minutes after the break, as Plitsch scored from close-range to make it 4-0.
Powell grabbed her fourth and Park’s fifth as she tucked home the rebound from a tight angle after her first shot was saved, while Plitsch rounded off the scoring with a 25-yard strike.
Next up for Park is a trip to Deeping United Ladies in the League Cup on Sunday, October 18, 2pm.
- 1 Man taken to hospital with serious injuries after B1098 crash
- 2 Cambridgeshire individual diagnosed with Covid-19 Omicron variant
- 3 Multiple emergency services at scene after B1098 crash
- 4 Four charged with modern slavery crimes on one woman
- 5 Tributes paid to 'beloved husband' killed crossing road
- 6 Man who died in St Neots crash is named
- 7 Trainspotters catch Duchess of Sutherland whistling through Fens
- 8 Dental practice plan move to industrial park
- 9 Woman in court over town pub burglary
- 10 When are Royal Mail's last posting dates for Christmas 2021?