Park Ladies fight back to earn victory in league cup drama
- Credit: Archant
A resilient comeback display helped Park Ladies secure victory on the road.
Rob Mitchell’s side came from 2-1 down to win 3-2 at Deeping United Ladies in the group stage of the Cambridgeshire Women’s League Cup on Sunday.
Park made the breakthrough on six minutes courtesy of Georgia Payne, who finished after being played in by Georgia Stimson.
The visitors missed several chances soon after, and were made to pay as Deeping equalised, perhaps against the run of play, after goalkeeper Olivia Goode parried into the path of the incoming striker.
As Park dropped their standards, Deeping seized the moment to lead as poor marking allowed a high shot to loop into the net.
You may also want to watch:
This was the wake-up call the Wimblington side needed, and they levelled on 74 minutes after Eilish Brown played in Francesca Plitsch, who struck low past the goalkeeper.
The comeback was complete 10 minutes from time as Brooke Anderson rose highest to Payne’s whipped corner to glance home. Player of the match was Tinneisha Mott.
- 1 'Amazing team work' at hospital's vaccination clinic
- 2 'Physically and mentally exhausted" Matt in plea to find missing beagle
- 3 Man suffers serious injuries after two-vehicle crash on A47
- 4 Cops 'cash and carry' raid nets 108 cannabis plants and £100,000
- 5 Sandbags available ahead as Storm Christoph arrives
- 6 'Well, here's another nice mess you've gotten me into'
- 7 Fifteen flood alerts in place amid 'stay indoors' warning
- 8 High life ends for Bentley owning drug dealer
- 9 Rough sleepers helped from tents pitched on private land
- 10 ‘Boris should try to fill in the forms if he thinks they’re so simple’
Park continue their league cup campaign at Burwell Tigers Ladies on Sunday, November 1, 2pm.