Villagers mark return from lockdown with 10-goal thriller
- Credit: Archant
Park Ladies kept up their promotion charge after they edged a 10-goal thriller in their first game back from lockdown.
Rob Mitchell’s side triumphed 6-4 at Cardea Ladies in the Championship North Division of the Cambridgeshire Women’s County League on Sunday, despite going behind.
Fran Plitsch made amends for a missed penalty with a sumptuous free-kick, before Cardea restored their lead following a goalkeeping error.
Erin Powell fired Park level once more, but the hosts hit back after half-time as confusion between Dannii Green and Nikki Hassock led to a tap-in.
Park made it 3-3 as Sherrie Downey converted a Sophie Fenner cross, before the latter netted her first league goal of the season to hand her team the advantage.
You may also want to watch:
Powell then smashed home the rebound after her initial shot was saved well, but Park were outdone by a low shot with 10 minutes remaining.
The Wimblington-based team then capitalised on an exposed Cardea defence late on as Georgia Stimson scored to round off the scoring. Player of the match was Fran Plitsch.
- 1 Bullying and insider trader claims pile up against former deputy leader
- 2 Hundreds go bargain hunting in the sun at first car boot since lockdown
- 3 Three derelict cottages ‘would make an ideal renovation project’
- 4 Police officer sacked for racially abusing colleague at Christmas party
- 5 Dramatic drop in face-to-face GP appointments
- 6 High Sheriff of Cambridgeshire honoured with new role
- 7 Heated dining pod and covered decking area at restaurant after garden makeover
- 8 Fen farm on more than 200 acres of land up for sale for £2.2million
- 9 Rural crime police recover dog in ‘poor state’ while on site check
- 10 Police hunt homemade go-kart ‘causing anti-social behaviour’
Park host the reverse fixture at Parkfield Sports Club on Sunday, December 13, 2pm.