Villagers mark return from lockdown with 10-goal thriller
- Credit: Archant
Park Ladies kept up their promotion charge after they edged a 10-goal thriller in their first game back from lockdown.
Rob Mitchell’s side triumphed 6-4 at Cardea Ladies in the Championship North Division of the Cambridgeshire Women’s County League on Sunday, despite going behind.
Fran Plitsch made amends for a missed penalty with a sumptuous free-kick, before Cardea restored their lead following a goalkeeping error.
Erin Powell fired Park level once more, but the hosts hit back after half-time as confusion between Dannii Green and Nikki Hassock led to a tap-in.
Park made it 3-3 as Sherrie Downey converted a Sophie Fenner cross, before the latter netted her first league goal of the season to hand her team the advantage.
You may also want to watch:
Powell then smashed home the rebound after her initial shot was saved well, but Park were outdone by a low shot with 10 minutes remaining.
The Wimblington-based team then capitalised on an exposed Cardea defence late on as Georgia Stimson scored to round off the scoring. Player of the match was Fran Plitsch.
- 1 Watch the moment E-scooter rider, 16, narrowly misses crashing into bus
- 2 Mobile upgrade work may cause TV interference
- 3 Rob's 'walk of thanks' for Magpas Air Ambulance
- 4 Turners ‘massively impacted’ and Knowles up pay to hire HGV drivers
- 5 MP the “most handsome and kindest member of the government’
- 6 ‘Enough is enough’ says MP at the scene of drink drive crash
- 7 Depleted Bears fight back to earn friendly victory
- 8 Covid-19 job loss prompts Martin to launch out on his own
- 9 'No excuse' not to publish costs says funeral director
- 10 Drug dealing pair caught thanks to eagle-eyed neighbours
Park host the reverse fixture at Parkfield Sports Club on Sunday, December 13, 2pm.