Villagers mark return from lockdown with 10-goal thriller
- Credit: Archant
Park Ladies kept up their promotion charge after they edged a 10-goal thriller in their first game back from lockdown.
Rob Mitchell’s side triumphed 6-4 at Cardea Ladies in the Championship North Division of the Cambridgeshire Women’s County League on Sunday, despite going behind.
Fran Plitsch made amends for a missed penalty with a sumptuous free-kick, before Cardea restored their lead following a goalkeeping error.
Erin Powell fired Park level once more, but the hosts hit back after half-time as confusion between Dannii Green and Nikki Hassock led to a tap-in.
Park made it 3-3 as Sherrie Downey converted a Sophie Fenner cross, before the latter netted her first league goal of the season to hand her team the advantage.
Powell then smashed home the rebound after her initial shot was saved well, but Park were outdone by a low shot with 10 minutes remaining.
The Wimblington-based team then capitalised on an exposed Cardea defence late on as Georgia Stimson scored to round off the scoring. Player of the match was Fran Plitsch.
- 1 Honda, Seat and Toyota crash on A141
- 2 Doddington Minor Injuries Unit to temporarily close
- 3 Man charged with attempted murder as stab victim is found
- 4 Man dies after van and lorry crash on A141
- 5 Domestic abuser tried to strangle and suffocate mother of his child
- 6 Dealer responsible for £500k worth of drugs caught
- 7 Arson arrest after Wisbech blaze
- 8 Clarion Housing ‘cyber incident’ affects thousands of tenants
- 9 Fenland man repeatedly raped woman for 20 years
- 10 Crews tackle blaze in Wisbech
Park host the reverse fixture at Parkfield Sports Club on Sunday, December 13, 2pm.