Villagers mark return from lockdown with 10-goal thriller
- Credit: Archant
Park Ladies kept up their promotion charge after they edged a 10-goal thriller in their first game back from lockdown.
Rob Mitchell’s side triumphed 6-4 at Cardea Ladies in the Championship North Division of the Cambridgeshire Women’s County League on Sunday, despite going behind.
Fran Plitsch made amends for a missed penalty with a sumptuous free-kick, before Cardea restored their lead following a goalkeeping error.
Erin Powell fired Park level once more, but the hosts hit back after half-time as confusion between Dannii Green and Nikki Hassock led to a tap-in.
Park made it 3-3 as Sherrie Downey converted a Sophie Fenner cross, before the latter netted her first league goal of the season to hand her team the advantage.
You may also want to watch:
Powell then smashed home the rebound after her initial shot was saved well, but Park were outdone by a low shot with 10 minutes remaining.
The Wimblington-based team then capitalised on an exposed Cardea defence late on as Georgia Stimson scored to round off the scoring. Player of the match was Fran Plitsch.
- 1 Van crashes into pram, killing five month old baby
- 2 Dad's emotional tribute after baby son dies in A10 horror crash
- 3 161-mile trip from Yorkshire to Fen village ends in Covid breach fine
- 4 Crash boy's mum says he's 'badly shaken but OK'
- 5 Stolen American-style fridge was lifted over 10ft security fence
- 6 Chief executive takes 'personal oversight' of inquiry into deputy leader's farm tenancy
- 7 Dad has 'much more energy to run around' with son after losing four stone
- 8 MP wants an end to floods misery in the Fens
- 9 First large-scale Cambs Covid-19 vaccination centres open this week
- 10 Covid-19 numbers in Fenland higher than rest of county
Park host the reverse fixture at Parkfield Sports Club on Sunday, December 13, 2pm.