Walpole Roller Hockey Club start season with thrilling tournaments
YOUNGSTERS at Walpole Roller Hockey Club have started their season with two fierce competitions involving the region’s most talented players.
The schoolboys’ side braved a tough season-opener at Soham, as they came up against regional and national standard players.
Michael King scored three goals for Walpole and Aaron Scott was also on target but the team fell to four defeats. Stand-in goalkeeper Jordan Eagle was also in fine form.
• Meanwhile, the club’s under-11 side kickstarted their season with a tournament at Cambridge Regional College.
Ben Davis, Bethan McCarthy and Toby Elliott were Walpole’s goalscorers as they battled to one victory and two defeats.
You may also want to watch:
For more information on Walpole Roller Hockey Club, who train at Skaterz in Walpole Highway, visit www.walpolerhc.kk5.org
- 1 Man, 53, found in 'possession of knife' in Queensgate Shopping Centre
- 2 Suspected paedophile, 61, arrested in front of thousands on live video
- 3 Success after six year battle to get 21 homes approved on factory site
- 4 MP praises 'fantastic' vaccine team after having Covid-19 jab
- 5 Hundreds go bargain hunting in the sun at first car boot since lockdown
- 6 Bullying and insider trader claims pile up against former deputy leader
- 7 Empty Wisbech shop earmarked for slots and bingo
- 8 Three derelict cottages ‘would make an ideal renovation project’
- 9 Here are your winners of the Pride of Whittlesey awards
- 10 Letters: Mayor's tribute, poem for a pigeon and letter release refusal