‘We can beat the league leaders’ - Humphreys rallies Wisbech for Ferrers clash
BOSS Cliff Humphreys believes Wisbech Rugby Club can take heart from September’s defeat at South Woodham Ferrers when they entertain the league leaders tomorrow.
The Essex outfit arrive at Harecroft Road sitting top of the London North-East Division Three table while Wisbech languish just above the relegation zone.
However, Humphreys’ troops picked up a valuable losing bonus point during their 20-15 defeat at Ferrers and the Wisbech manager insists his men can cause an upset tomorrow.
Humphreys said: “All being well, they’re a beatable side at Wisbech. We’ve got to believe in ourselves again. If we beat them then undoubtedly it will give us a huge lift.
“The game is there for the taking. Let’s bring them on. If we lose, then we lose. But there’s nothing like a win to breed confidence.”
Richard Cavill (suspended) will miss his side’s first game of 2013 after being sent off against Beccles. Ben Chapman (rib) is an injury doubt.
Jon Turner and Nigel Hunt could both feature at centre and Humphreys is desperate to improve on the miserable end to 2012 which left Wisbech in eighth place.
- 1 Both drivers seriously injured after head on crash
- 2 Honda, Seat and Toyota crash on A141
- 3 Chapel conversion withdrawn following stinging rebuke
- 4 Doddington Minor Injuries Unit to temporarily close
- 5 Dealer responsible for £500k worth of drugs caught
- 6 Developer going flat out to convert former post office
- 7 Hospitals raise car parking costs for first time in six years
- 8 Captured Cambridgeshire man 'charged with mercenary activities' by Russia
- 9 Man charged with attempted murder as stab victim is found
- 10 Top roles confirmed at council owned housing firm
“It’s all to play for in 2013,” he said.