‘We can beat the league leaders’ - Humphreys rallies Wisbech for Ferrers clash
BOSS Cliff Humphreys believes Wisbech Rugby Club can take heart from September’s defeat at South Woodham Ferrers when they entertain the league leaders tomorrow.
The Essex outfit arrive at Harecroft Road sitting top of the London North-East Division Three table while Wisbech languish just above the relegation zone.
However, Humphreys’ troops picked up a valuable losing bonus point during their 20-15 defeat at Ferrers and the Wisbech manager insists his men can cause an upset tomorrow.
Humphreys said: “All being well, they’re a beatable side at Wisbech. We’ve got to believe in ourselves again. If we beat them then undoubtedly it will give us a huge lift.
“The game is there for the taking. Let’s bring them on. If we lose, then we lose. But there’s nothing like a win to breed confidence.”
You may also want to watch:
Richard Cavill (suspended) will miss his side’s first game of 2013 after being sent off against Beccles. Ben Chapman (rib) is an injury doubt.
Jon Turner and Nigel Hunt could both feature at centre and Humphreys is desperate to improve on the miserable end to 2012 which left Wisbech in eighth place.
- 1 High life ends for Bentley owning drug dealer
- 2 Transgender rapist - with anatomy of a man- jailed for 15 years
- 3 Neighbours want council to call time on off-licence
- 4 Man who spent Christmas alone in intensive care proposes to girlfriend
- 5 Fishing park owners await green light to open third lake
- 6 Owner's desperate plea - and £500 reward - to find missing dog
- 7 County cops issue more than 60 Covid fines since beginning of 2021
- 8 Nitrous oxide canisters no laughing matter say Fenland police
- 9 MP visits hospital about to become centre of Covid-19 vaccine rollout
- 10 'Bed-bound, my body felt exasperated' - reporter shares battle with Covid-19
“It’s all to play for in 2013,” he said.