‘We can beat the league leaders’ - Humphreys rallies Wisbech for Ferrers clash
BOSS Cliff Humphreys believes Wisbech Rugby Club can take heart from September’s defeat at South Woodham Ferrers when they entertain the league leaders tomorrow.
The Essex outfit arrive at Harecroft Road sitting top of the London North-East Division Three table while Wisbech languish just above the relegation zone.
However, Humphreys’ troops picked up a valuable losing bonus point during their 20-15 defeat at Ferrers and the Wisbech manager insists his men can cause an upset tomorrow.
Humphreys said: “All being well, they’re a beatable side at Wisbech. We’ve got to believe in ourselves again. If we beat them then undoubtedly it will give us a huge lift.
“The game is there for the taking. Let’s bring them on. If we lose, then we lose. But there’s nothing like a win to breed confidence.”
You may also want to watch:
Richard Cavill (suspended) will miss his side’s first game of 2013 after being sent off against Beccles. Ben Chapman (rib) is an injury doubt.
Jon Turner and Nigel Hunt could both feature at centre and Humphreys is desperate to improve on the miserable end to 2012 which left Wisbech in eighth place.
- 1 Dr Nik 'over the moon' after pulling off shock Labour victory
- 2 Steve Count 'no doubt' Tories will review 'our performance' as his future is decided
- 3 Dr Nik Johnson elected Mayor of Cambridgeshire and Peterborough.
- 4 NHS doctor ‘banned from describing himself as ‘Dr’ on ballot paper’
- 5 Villagers 'clap for Dr Nik' to celebrate mayoralty victory
- 6 Expect 'honesty and integrity' says new police and crime commissioner
- 7 Connor tops poll as Tories retained Fenland dominance on county council
- 8 Warner Bros spotted filming new Batman movie at Burghley House
- 9 Election 2021: Wisbech West tops poll for lowest turnout
- 10 Drink driver TWICE rammed off-duty officers' car
“It’s all to play for in 2013,” he said.