Weston happy with Hares response
HARES manager Jamie Weston got the response he was looking for as his side picked up their first victory of the season.
March Town United slumped to a 3-0 home defeat against Thetford Town on the opening day but bounced back to dump Gorleston out of the FA Cup. The side now face Desborough Town on Saturday 28 August in the next round.
Manager Jamie Weston said: “We definitely got the response we were looking for.
“It was not just the result but the performance was much better too. We were tighter at the back but still had a threat going forward.
Ashley Brand’s fantastic volley sealed the victory for March and Weston believes the club can pick up their first three points of the season if they perform as well at Halstead this Saturday.
You may also want to watch:
Weston said: “The league is vital but we would like to have a good cup run. It’s a chance to get a bit of money for the club and it’s always good to keep winning.
“If we play like we did on Saturday then we have a good chance even if Halstead is a difficult place to go. We had some great attacking moves and didn’t quite finish things off on Saturday but we’re looking to bring back three points.”
- 1 Murder suspect is victim's son
- 2 £100k homes scrapped 'with almost immediate effect' says Mayor
- 3 Woman, 78, suffers horrific injuries after e-scooter hit-and-run
- 4 'Police repeatedly failed me' over noisy neighbour saga, claims resident
- 5 'Unreasonable behaviour' means Steve must pay council's costs of failed appeal
- 6 Fleeing heroin dealer rams police car but they get him in the end
- 7 Widow of High Court judge, 77, charged with historical sexual abuse
- 8 Man charged with murder of woman in her 70s
- 9 Lorry driver loses control on motorway in booze-fuelled collision
- 10 Two men with links to Cottenham on 'most wanted' list
March: Brooks, Richardson, Welcher, Sutton, Day, Norman, Roe, Roddis, Pepper Brand, Escorcio - Subs: Wheeler - Subs not used: Bates, Gouly, Newton, Melton