Weston happy with Hares response
HARES manager Jamie Weston got the response he was looking for as his side picked up their first victory of the season.
March Town United slumped to a 3-0 home defeat against Thetford Town on the opening day but bounced back to dump Gorleston out of the FA Cup. The side now face Desborough Town on Saturday 28 August in the next round.
Manager Jamie Weston said: “We definitely got the response we were looking for.
“It was not just the result but the performance was much better too. We were tighter at the back but still had a threat going forward.
Ashley Brand’s fantastic volley sealed the victory for March and Weston believes the club can pick up their first three points of the season if they perform as well at Halstead this Saturday.
Weston said: “The league is vital but we would like to have a good cup run. It’s a chance to get a bit of money for the club and it’s always good to keep winning.
“If we play like we did on Saturday then we have a good chance even if Halstead is a difficult place to go. We had some great attacking moves and didn’t quite finish things off on Saturday but we’re looking to bring back three points.”
- 1 Man in 50s dies after medical incident in field
- 2 Two escape unhurt after car plunges into river
- 3 Café holds 'heavy heart' as it announces closure
- 4 Family run tea room closes after 10 years in business
- 5 Man in 30s dead, two arrested on suspicion of murder in Norfolk town
- 6 Bungalow fire in town was ‘accidental’
- 7 Cigarette butt in stolen car puts burglar behind bars
- 8 ‘She’s always smiling’ - Connie marks 100th birthday
- 9 Last gasp equaliser saves March Town blushes on derby day
- 10 Murder inquiry as teenage woman dies after car crash in Norfolk village
March: Brooks, Richardson, Welcher, Sutton, Day, Norman, Roe, Roddis, Pepper Brand, Escorcio - Subs: Wheeler - Subs not used: Bates, Gouly, Newton, Melton