Weston happy with Hares response
HARES manager Jamie Weston got the response he was looking for as his side picked up their first victory of the season.
March Town United slumped to a 3-0 home defeat against Thetford Town on the opening day but bounced back to dump Gorleston out of the FA Cup. The side now face Desborough Town on Saturday 28 August in the next round.
Manager Jamie Weston said: “We definitely got the response we were looking for.
“It was not just the result but the performance was much better too. We were tighter at the back but still had a threat going forward.
Ashley Brand’s fantastic volley sealed the victory for March and Weston believes the club can pick up their first three points of the season if they perform as well at Halstead this Saturday.
You may also want to watch:
Weston said: “The league is vital but we would like to have a good cup run. It’s a chance to get a bit of money for the club and it’s always good to keep winning.
“If we play like we did on Saturday then we have a good chance even if Halstead is a difficult place to go. We had some great attacking moves and didn’t quite finish things off on Saturday but we’re looking to bring back three points.”
- 1 'Physically and mentally exhausted" Matt in plea to find missing beagle
- 2 Cops 'cash and carry' raid nets 108 cannabis plants and £100,000
- 3 Council buys up 1,000 sandbags ahead of Storm Christoph
- 4 Man suffers serious injuries after two-vehicle crash on A47
- 5 'Well, here's another nice mess you've gotten me into'
- 6 ‘Boris should try to fill in the forms if he thinks they’re so simple’
- 7 Transgender rapist - with anatomy of a man- jailed for 15 years
- 8 Rapist on bail performed magic tricks for police and security guard
- 9 Rough sleepers helped from tents pitched on private land
- 10 'Amazing team work' at hospital's vaccination clinic
March: Brooks, Richardson, Welcher, Sutton, Day, Norman, Roe, Roddis, Pepper Brand, Escorcio - Subs: Wheeler - Subs not used: Bates, Gouly, Newton, Melton