Weston happy with Hares response
HARES manager Jamie Weston got the response he was looking for as his side picked up their first victory of the season.
March Town United slumped to a 3-0 home defeat against Thetford Town on the opening day but bounced back to dump Gorleston out of the FA Cup. The side now face Desborough Town on Saturday 28 August in the next round.
Manager Jamie Weston said: “We definitely got the response we were looking for.
“It was not just the result but the performance was much better too. We were tighter at the back but still had a threat going forward.
Ashley Brand’s fantastic volley sealed the victory for March and Weston believes the club can pick up their first three points of the season if they perform as well at Halstead this Saturday.
Weston said: “The league is vital but we would like to have a good cup run. It’s a chance to get a bit of money for the club and it’s always good to keep winning.
“If we play like we did on Saturday then we have a good chance even if Halstead is a difficult place to go. We had some great attacking moves and didn’t quite finish things off on Saturday but we’re looking to bring back three points.”
- 1 Three March locals win £30k each on Postcode Lottery
- 2 Council calls for return to mask wearing as Covid soars
- 3 Carnival lights up village as sports day marks 100 years
- 4 Police officer dismissed for breaching bail conditions
- 5 Man assaulted partner and police officers in March
- 6 Arsonist started fire in Wisbech care home
- 7 DVLA issues urgent warning to drivers in UK
- 8 Big Bash concludes eight days of triumph for town
- 9 Steve Barclay becomes Health Secretary following shock resignations
- 10 Woman, 80, dies following A141 crash
March: Brooks, Richardson, Welcher, Sutton, Day, Norman, Roe, Roddis, Pepper Brand, Escorcio - Subs: Wheeler - Subs not used: Bates, Gouly, Newton, Melton