Whaley calls for bigger crowds after 35 watch March Town United go third
MARCH Town United boss Brett Whaley has called for more support from the fans as his side continue their charge up the Ridgeons First Division.
Just 35 people watched the Hares cruise up to third in the league with a 4-1 thrashing of Ipswich Wanderers at the GER on Saturday - but Whaley is determined to improve attendances.
He said: “We’ve worked really hard and results are going our way but the atmosphere at the GER is perhaps not what it used to be. We’re now wondering what we can do as a club to make ourselves more appealing.
“A lot of people underestimate football at this level. Non-league football has got a lot to offer and people can really get involved with the club.
“I certainly wouldn’t imagine anybody that paid their four pounds to come and watch on Saturday would have been disappointed.”
You may also want to watch:
Goals from Stu Anderson, Gavin Cooke, Giuliano Staffieri and debutant Ondre Odain secured the Hares’ weekend win. March travel to Swaffham Town on Saturday.
Whaley said: “To be honest, the fact that we’re now discussing crowd sizes is positive as the problems aren’t with our performances on the pitch.
- 1 Chief executive takes 'personal oversight' of inquiry into deputy leader's farm tenancy
- 2 Crash boy's mum says he's 'badly shaken but OK'
- 3 Former Top Gear star Rory Reid spotted filming with Lamborghini
- 4 Covid-19 numbers in Fenland higher than rest of county
- 5 Rapist on bail performed magic tricks for police and security guard
- 6 Council books seven hotels and guest houses for homeless
- 7 Welcome to Whittlesey - the new UK hotspot for kite surfing?
- 8 Max and Chloe become pioneers of community housing success in Cambs village
- 9 Transgender rapist - with anatomy of a man- jailed for 15 years
- 10 'Amazing team work' at hospital's vaccination clinic
“We’re exceeding everybody’s expectations. We need to reach out to the community in March now.”