White shoots March Town United Reserves into cup final while first team draw
A BRACE from Lee White helped March Town United Reserves beat Great Chishill 2-0 to power their way into the final of the Junior Challenge Cup.
The Hares’ second string never looked in trouble at the GER, as White’s two first-half strikes settled Saturday’s semi-final.
Delighted chairman, and reserves’ boss, Phil White said: “You could see we were up for it from the moment the whistle blew. We were by far the better side and they hardly got a kick in the first half. It was comfortable.
“Lee was awesome today - he was the difference between the two sides.”
The reserves will meet either Elsworth or Cambridge University Press Reserves in the final, which will be played at Histon in April.
You may also want to watch:
Meanwhile, the depleted first team battled their way to a 0-0 stalemate at Fakenham to bag their first Ridgeons First Division point in three games.
- 1 Bullying and insider trader claims pile up against former deputy leader
- 2 Police officer sacked for racially abusing colleague at Christmas party
- 3 Rural crime police recover dog in ‘poor state’ while on site check
- 4 Police hunt homemade go-kart ‘causing anti-social behaviour’
- 5 Fen farm on more than 200 acres of land up for sale for £2.2million
- 6 Historian who wrote 126 books and spent 64 years bellringing dies aged 90
- 7 Heated dining pod and covered decking area at restaurant after garden makeover
- 8 Villagers stay strong to earn perfect post-lockdown record
- 9 Trades group hears of alarming rise in shop worker abuse amid Covid
- 10 BBC drama Casualty storyline to feature pelvic mesh implant scandal