White shoots March Town United Reserves into cup final while first team draw
A BRACE from Lee White helped March Town United Reserves beat Great Chishill 2-0 to power their way into the final of the Junior Challenge Cup.
The Hares’ second string never looked in trouble at the GER, as White’s two first-half strikes settled Saturday’s semi-final.
Delighted chairman, and reserves’ boss, Phil White said: “You could see we were up for it from the moment the whistle blew. We were by far the better side and they hardly got a kick in the first half. It was comfortable.
“Lee was awesome today - he was the difference between the two sides.”
The reserves will meet either Elsworth or Cambridge University Press Reserves in the final, which will be played at Histon in April.
You may also want to watch:
Meanwhile, the depleted first team battled their way to a 0-0 stalemate at Fakenham to bag their first Ridgeons First Division point in three games.
- 1 Dad's emotional tribute after baby son dies in A10 horror crash
- 2 161-mile trip from Yorkshire to Fen village ends in Covid breach fine
- 3 Van crashes into pram, killing five month old baby
- 4 Stolen American-style fridge was lifted over 10ft security fence
- 5 All staff and residents at Chatteris care home now vaccinated against Covid
- 6 MP wants an end to floods misery in the Fens
- 7 Council chief executive accused of 'indifference' over Covid-19 response
- 8 Dad has 'much more energy to run around' with son after losing four stone
- 9 More than 60 fines issued to Covid rulebreakers in Cambs already this year
- 10 First large-scale Cambs Covid-19 vaccination centres open this week