White shoots March Town United Reserves into cup final while first team draw
A BRACE from Lee White helped March Town United Reserves beat Great Chishill 2-0 to power their way into the final of the Junior Challenge Cup.
The Hares’ second string never looked in trouble at the GER, as White’s two first-half strikes settled Saturday’s semi-final.
Delighted chairman, and reserves’ boss, Phil White said: “You could see we were up for it from the moment the whistle blew. We were by far the better side and they hardly got a kick in the first half. It was comfortable.
“Lee was awesome today - he was the difference between the two sides.”
The reserves will meet either Elsworth or Cambridge University Press Reserves in the final, which will be played at Histon in April.
You may also want to watch:
Meanwhile, the depleted first team battled their way to a 0-0 stalemate at Fakenham to bag their first Ridgeons First Division point in three games.
- 1 Wife's tribute to husband killed in B1101 Elm Road crash
- 2 Fire crews free driver trapped in overturned lorry
- 3 Cannabis worth over £656,000 uncovered in Fen village
- 4 14-year-old footballer's 'dream' comes true after securing England trial
- 5 Grandmother of drowning victim calls for Bawsey Pits closure
- 6 Man in court after more than £656k of cannabis seized
- 7 Fire crews and RSPCA rescue foal in danger of drowning
- 8 Floral tributes laid for man killed in B1101 Elm Road crash
- 9 Man, aged in his 40s, dies after suspected drug-fuelled B1101 crash
- 10 Man arrested after cannabis factory found after house blaze