White shoots March Town United Reserves into cup final while first team draw
A BRACE from Lee White helped March Town United Reserves beat Great Chishill 2-0 to power their way into the final of the Junior Challenge Cup.
The Hares’ second string never looked in trouble at the GER, as White’s two first-half strikes settled Saturday’s semi-final.
Delighted chairman, and reserves’ boss, Phil White said: “You could see we were up for it from the moment the whistle blew. We were by far the better side and they hardly got a kick in the first half. It was comfortable.
“Lee was awesome today - he was the difference between the two sides.”
The reserves will meet either Elsworth or Cambridge University Press Reserves in the final, which will be played at Histon in April.
You may also want to watch:
Meanwhile, the depleted first team battled their way to a 0-0 stalemate at Fakenham to bag their first Ridgeons First Division point in three games.
- 1 Woman killed and four hospitalised after crash
- 2 The Great British Sunday is a rush to the pumps not the piers
- 3 Pair questioned amid probe into catalytic converter thefts
- 4 Rings End A141 closed after three vehicle collision
- 5 'Emotional' quartet complete 10k for villager Paul
- 6 Man arrested after suspected drink or drug-fuelled A141 crash
- 7 Youth with 'police style baton' caught out by CCTV
- 8 Victim left with serious injuries after McDonald's car park attack
- 9 Pictures show cars - including Tesco delivery vans - queued at fuel pumps
- 10 Ledger discovery affords a glimpse of Victorian travel