Whittelesey (Coates) Athletic manager Lodge has title in his sights
- Credit: Archant
Whittlesey (Coates) Athletic manager Andy Lodge says he will be “disappointed” if his side don’t win the league this season.
His side are a point clear of Oakham United at the top of the Peterborough and District League, with Netherton United a further three points adrift in third.
Jamie Darlow was on target but Whittlesey were held 1-1 by Uppingham Town on Saturday.
Lodge said: “We are doing all right. To be honest we missed a lot of chances against Uppingham.
“We would have expected to beat them but, otherwise, we’ve picked up since our first game this season.
You may also want to watch:
“The attitude of the lads is good - they are all winners and fully committed every week.
“I think, where we are, we would be disappointed if we don’t win the league, but it would be the same for any of the top three.
- 1 Watch the moment E-scooter rider, 16, narrowly misses crashing into bus
- 2 Mobile upgrade work may cause TV interference
- 3 Rob's 'walk of thanks' for Magpas Air Ambulance
- 4 Turners ‘massively impacted’ and Knowles up pay to hire HGV drivers
- 5 MP the “most handsome and kindest member of the government’
- 6 ‘Enough is enough’ says MP at the scene of drink drive crash
- 7 Depleted Bears fight back to earn friendly victory
- 8 Covid-19 job loss prompts Martin to launch out on his own
- 9 'No excuse' not to publish costs says funeral director
- 10 Drug dealing pair caught thanks to eagle-eyed neighbours
“I always say give it until after Christmas but if we stay in place we have a massive chance.”
Their next game is at Leverington Sports, who lost 2-1 at Langtoft United, on Saturday.
Wisbech St Mary beat Cottenham United 2-1 in the Cambs Premier League.
Outwell Swifts progressed in the William Coad Intermediate Cup with a 1-0 win at Ely City Reserves but Chatteris Town were knocked out after a 5-3 loss at Fowlmere. Ross Alexander, Josh Dodman and Shaun Simpson got the goals.
In Cambs Senior B, Gary Smith scored but Doddington United lost 2-1 at Orwell.
March Town United Reserves lost 4-1 at St Ives Rangers in NMC 1B. Dayne Moore got the goal.
Seve Revell was on target but Chatteris Town Reserves lost 6-1 at Huntingdon United.
March Town Ladies came out 4-3 winners in a seven goal thriller at Cambs Rangers.
The Hares raced into a 3-0 lead. Anna Hatcher opened the score beating the keeper from close range and Emma Searle scored a brace, including a smart header from Charley Miller’s corner.
Rangers fought back to level before Jade Pointer set up Michelle Cracknell who found the top corner.
Estover under-18 girls thrashed Bourne under-18s 13-2. Bourne took the lead before Amy Newell (5), Danielle Green (3), Jessica Harvey (2), Fran Plitsch and Erin Powell ran riot.