Whittlesey athlete Sims, 14, destroys 23 year old county record on her way to triple gold
- Credit: Archant
Whittlesey athlete Megan Sims has broken a 23 year old county record.
The 14 year old, who trains at Peterborough AC, continued her strong run of form at the Cambridgeshire county championships held at the university track in Cambridge with a three gold medals.
In the very first event of the day Sims not only won gold but smashed the county record for under 17 women in the 300m hurdles by more than a second.
The old record of 46.2 seconds and had stood since 1992. Sims recorded a time of 45.16 which is also a new PB and has moved her into the UK top 10 for the hurdles.
In her second event she coasted to gold in the 300m in a time of 42.48, well outside her PB of 40.40, Sims won her third gold in the 200m in a time of 26.41.
You may also want to watch:
Sims is also ranked 17 in the UK for 300m flat and has attained the prestigious English schools qualifying time in the 200m, 300m and 300m hurdles.
- 1 Owner's desperate plea - and £500 reward - to find missing dog
- 2 MP visits hospital about to become centre of Covid-19 vaccine rollout
- 3 Transgender rapist - with anatomy of a man- jailed for 15 years
- 4 'Big red key' used by cops in dawn raid on suspected drug dealers
- 5 Rugby club fears vendetta after vandals strike again
- 6 Ditch crash victim seriously injured
- 7 Vaccine roll-out begins, 12 hours a day, seven days a week
- 8 Homes 'siloed on edge of village like old-style council estate'
- 9 Nitrous oxide canisters no laughing matter say Fenland police
- 10 Dad of two killed on Fen road