Whittlesey athlete Sims wins four events at same meeting
- Credit: Archant
PROMISING Whittlesey athlete Megan Sims continued her rich vein of form at the weekend.
Sims, 12, represented Peterborough AC under-15 girls in the East Anglian League meeting at Great Yarmouth against clubs from all over East Anglia.
She won the 75m Hurdles in 12.5 seconds, clinched the 200m crown in 27.6 seconds and destroyed the field the 300m, her strongest event.
Unphased by a strong, swirling wind, Sims stormed to victory by five metres in 44 seconds.
If that was not enough, she claimed a fourth win in the 4 x 100m relay.
You may also want to watch:
Sims is back in action in the Eastern Region Championships this weekend.
- 1 Success after six year battle to get 21 homes approved on factory site
- 2 Man, 53, found in 'possession of knife' in Queensgate Shopping Centre
- 3 Suspected paedophile, 61, arrested in front of thousands on live video
- 4 Man who died in road crash is named
- 5 Here are your winners of the Pride of Whittlesey awards
- 6 MP praises 'fantastic' vaccine team after having Covid-19 jab
- 7 Letters: Mayor's tribute, poem for a pigeon and letter release refusal
- 8 Hundreds go bargain hunting in the sun at first car boot since lockdown
- 9 Matilda, 9, sold her dolls to raise money for charity close to her heart
- 10 Bullying and insider trader claims pile up against former deputy leader