Whittlesey athlete Sims wins four events at same meeting
- Credit: Archant
PROMISING Whittlesey athlete Megan Sims continued her rich vein of form at the weekend.
Sims, 12, represented Peterborough AC under-15 girls in the East Anglian League meeting at Great Yarmouth against clubs from all over East Anglia.
She won the 75m Hurdles in 12.5 seconds, clinched the 200m crown in 27.6 seconds and destroyed the field the 300m, her strongest event.
Unphased by a strong, swirling wind, Sims stormed to victory by five metres in 44 seconds.
If that was not enough, she claimed a fourth win in the 4 x 100m relay.
Sims is back in action in the Eastern Region Championships this weekend.
- 1 Boxing club 'absolutely gutted' as mass brawl abandons show
- 2 One arrest and cars seized on busy day for cops
- 3 Mother pays tribute to “much-loved” son who died near Fen Drayton
- 4 Wenny Meadow home to rare 'false scorpions', says hidden report
- 5 Cambridgeshire's Enhanced Area Status extended amid Covid surge in schools
- 6 Items from Lidl and Sainsbury's recalled over health and safety concerns
- 7 Robber attempts to steal scratch card and alcohol from convenience store
- 8 Motorbike set on fire in arson attack
- 9 Live music, over 100 stalls and fair rides as Christmas market returns
- 10 Horse rider injured in crash on Ramsey Road in Warboys