Whittlesey athlete Sims wins four events at same meeting
- Credit: Archant
PROMISING Whittlesey athlete Megan Sims continued her rich vein of form at the weekend.
Sims, 12, represented Peterborough AC under-15 girls in the East Anglian League meeting at Great Yarmouth against clubs from all over East Anglia.
She won the 75m Hurdles in 12.5 seconds, clinched the 200m crown in 27.6 seconds and destroyed the field the 300m, her strongest event.
Unphased by a strong, swirling wind, Sims stormed to victory by five metres in 44 seconds.
If that was not enough, she claimed a fourth win in the 4 x 100m relay.
You may also want to watch:
Sims is back in action in the Eastern Region Championships this weekend.
- 1 Alternative banking available as local branch closes
- 2 Mother sends warning over 'disgraceful' care of six-year-old daughter
- 3 Pink Cadillacs, sports cars and a VW Beetle: Students arrive in style for their leavers' prom
- 4 Aquapark boss hits back at threat of enforcement
- 5 7 of the prettiest villages to visit in East Cambs and Fenland
- 6 Hospitals temporarily reintroduce restrictions for visitors
- 7 Students dare to dream of England Lionesses spot after trial success
- 8 March lorry and cyclist collision: Eye-witness saw ‘boy laid in the road’
- 9 Man killed in Estover Road motorbike crash named by police
- 10 Live updates as cyclist is ‘hit by lorry’ near March secondary school