Whittlesey athlete Sims wins four events at same meeting
- Credit: Archant
PROMISING Whittlesey athlete Megan Sims continued her rich vein of form at the weekend.
Sims, 12, represented Peterborough AC under-15 girls in the East Anglian League meeting at Great Yarmouth against clubs from all over East Anglia.
She won the 75m Hurdles in 12.5 seconds, clinched the 200m crown in 27.6 seconds and destroyed the field the 300m, her strongest event.
Unphased by a strong, swirling wind, Sims stormed to victory by five metres in 44 seconds.
If that was not enough, she claimed a fourth win in the 4 x 100m relay.
You may also want to watch:
Sims is back in action in the Eastern Region Championships this weekend.
- 1 'Amazing team work' at hospital's vaccination clinic
- 2 'Physically and mentally exhausted" Matt in plea to find missing beagle
- 3 Man suffers serious injuries after two-vehicle crash on A47
- 4 Sandbags available ahead as Storm Christoph arrives
- 5 Cops 'cash and carry' raid nets 108 cannabis plants and £100,000
- 6 High life ends for Bentley owning drug dealer
- 7 'Well, here's another nice mess you've gotten me into'
- 8 Fifteen flood alerts in place amid 'stay indoors' warning
- 9 Fishing park owners await green light to open third lake
- 10 Transgender rapist - with anatomy of a man- jailed for 15 years