Whittlesey martial arts star Courtney Brown wins second British title in three weeks
- Credit: Archant
WHITTLESEY martial arts star Courtney Brown collected his second British title in three weeks at the WAKO (world all style kickboxing organisation) British Championships in Birmingham.
The 16 year-old, from the British and Chinese Kickboxing Association (BCKA), was victorious in the under-74kg 16-18 years section, adding the WAKO title to the World Kickboxing Council title he won in Manchester last month.
Brown also collected a bronze medal in the under-79kg section of the 16-18 years section.
BCKA coach Andy Whitwell paid tribute to his young protege, who is set to compete at the world championships later this year.
He said: “Courtney has been with me for a long time and has remained loyal to this association and this area. He is a joy to train and it is a joy to watch him spar.”
You may also want to watch:
Wisbech’s Charlotte Cameron, 12, won a bronze medal in the under-16 girls category, holding her own against competitors who were up to four years older than her.
She has been selected to fight in a youth team at the prestigious Clash of the Titans event, which will be held in Huddersfield on March 16.
- 1 Alternative banking available as local branch closes
- 2 Pink Cadillacs, sports cars and a VW Beetle: Students arrive in style for their leavers' prom
- 3 AN APOLOGY: The Gables in Chatteris
- 4 Mother sends warning over 'disgraceful' care of six-year-old daughter
- 5 7 of the prettiest villages to visit in East Cambs and Fenland
- 6 Hospitals temporarily reintroduce restrictions for visitors
- 7 March lorry and cyclist collision: Eye-witness saw ‘boy laid in the road’
- 8 Aquapark boss hits back at threat of enforcement
- 9 Man killed in Estover Road motorbike crash named by police
For more information about BCKA contact Andy Whitwell on 07969 792286 or visit www.bcka-peterborough.co.uk