Whittlesey martial arts star Courtney Brown wins second British title in three weeks
- Credit: Archant
WHITTLESEY martial arts star Courtney Brown collected his second British title in three weeks at the WAKO (world all style kickboxing organisation) British Championships in Birmingham.
The 16 year-old, from the British and Chinese Kickboxing Association (BCKA), was victorious in the under-74kg 16-18 years section, adding the WAKO title to the World Kickboxing Council title he won in Manchester last month.
Brown also collected a bronze medal in the under-79kg section of the 16-18 years section.
BCKA coach Andy Whitwell paid tribute to his young protege, who is set to compete at the world championships later this year.
He said: “Courtney has been with me for a long time and has remained loyal to this association and this area. He is a joy to train and it is a joy to watch him spar.”
Wisbech’s Charlotte Cameron, 12, won a bronze medal in the under-16 girls category, holding her own against competitors who were up to four years older than her.
She has been selected to fight in a youth team at the prestigious Clash of the Titans event, which will be held in Huddersfield on March 16.
- 1 Man taken to hospital with serious injuries after B1098 crash
- 2 Multiple emergency services at scene after B1098 crash
- 3 Cambridgeshire individual diagnosed with Covid-19 Omicron variant
- 4 Four charged with modern slavery crimes on one woman
- 5 Trainspotters catch Duchess of Sutherland whistling through Fens
- 6 Tributes paid to 'beloved husband' killed crossing road
- 7 Dental practice plan move to business park
- 8 Man who died in St Neots crash is named
- 9 Woman in court over town pub burglary
- 10 Isabella, 10, impresses to win top prize ahead of Whittlesey Extravaganza
For more information about BCKA contact Andy Whitwell on 07969 792286 or visit www.bcka-peterborough.co.uk