Whittlesey martial arts star Courtney Brown wins second British title in three weeks
- Credit: Archant
WHITTLESEY martial arts star Courtney Brown collected his second British title in three weeks at the WAKO (world all style kickboxing organisation) British Championships in Birmingham.
The 16 year-old, from the British and Chinese Kickboxing Association (BCKA), was victorious in the under-74kg 16-18 years section, adding the WAKO title to the World Kickboxing Council title he won in Manchester last month.
Brown also collected a bronze medal in the under-79kg section of the 16-18 years section.
BCKA coach Andy Whitwell paid tribute to his young protege, who is set to compete at the world championships later this year.
He said: “Courtney has been with me for a long time and has remained loyal to this association and this area. He is a joy to train and it is a joy to watch him spar.”
Wisbech’s Charlotte Cameron, 12, won a bronze medal in the under-16 girls category, holding her own against competitors who were up to four years older than her.
She has been selected to fight in a youth team at the prestigious Clash of the Titans event, which will be held in Huddersfield on March 16.
- 1 Wembley debut 'a highlight of my career' for footballer Reece
- 2 March set to light a beacon for Platinum Jubilee
- 3 Cambridgeshire man stabbed partner in the neck while she held their baby
- 4 Drug driver attacked man with metal pole and spat at police
- 5 Arsonist firebombed GP surgery after doctors refused to give him heroin
- 6 Village barn struck by arsonists in 4am blaze
- 7 Jon serves up a painting fit for Her Majesty
- 8 Long queues at Peterborough passport office ahead of holiday season
- 9 Drug-driver killed co-worker on B1101 Elm Road in March
- 10 Change of plan for A142 Mepal bridge works as July closures announced
For more information about BCKA contact Andy Whitwell on 07969 792286 or visit www.bcka-peterborough.co.uk