Whittlesey martial arts star Courtney Brown wins second British title in three weeks
- Credit: Archant
WHITTLESEY martial arts star Courtney Brown collected his second British title in three weeks at the WAKO (world all style kickboxing organisation) British Championships in Birmingham.
The 16 year-old, from the British and Chinese Kickboxing Association (BCKA), was victorious in the under-74kg 16-18 years section, adding the WAKO title to the World Kickboxing Council title he won in Manchester last month.
Brown also collected a bronze medal in the under-79kg section of the 16-18 years section.
BCKA coach Andy Whitwell paid tribute to his young protege, who is set to compete at the world championships later this year.
He said: “Courtney has been with me for a long time and has remained loyal to this association and this area. He is a joy to train and it is a joy to watch him spar.”
You may also want to watch:
Wisbech’s Charlotte Cameron, 12, won a bronze medal in the under-16 girls category, holding her own against competitors who were up to four years older than her.
She has been selected to fight in a youth team at the prestigious Clash of the Titans event, which will be held in Huddersfield on March 16.
- 1 Rapist on bail performed magic tricks for police and security guard
- 2 Jonathan Van Tam’s mum gets Covid-19 vaccination at Cambs clinic
- 3 Care home 'requires improvement' after unannounced visit
- 4 Former Top Gear star Rory Reid spotted filming with Lamborghini
- 5 Biggest village in Cambridgeshire to get even bigger
- 6 'Not a sprint, a marathon' cautions NHS staff in the Fens
- 7 Pedestrian dies crossing busy Cambridgeshire road
- 8 Emergency services – including two air ambulances – rush to A10 crash
- 9 Crossing company praised for using local workers and suppliers
- 10 Man sentenced for carrying knife after 'someone threatened'
For more information about BCKA contact Andy Whitwell on 07969 792286 or visit www.bcka-peterborough.co.uk