Whittlesey referee Oliver dishes out the cards in one of UK’s largest youth tournaments
- Credit: Archant
A referee from Whittlesey was selected as one of five match officials to oversee one of the biggest youth tournaments in the UK.
18-year-old Oliver Hollyoak travelled to Northern Ireland to officiate in the Foyle Cup tournament, which sees over 300 teams taking part every year.
Oliver, who is a product of the Peterborough and Fenland Development Scheme, refereed four matches and was assistant for 10 over the week-long tournament, which welcomed teams from England, Scotland, Finland, the USA, Northern Ireland and the Republic of Ireland.
If you are interested in becoming a referee, the next local referee course will be held in Peterborough at the Athletics Track Pavilion (PE1 5BW) on Monday August 15 from 6.30pm to 9pm.
The course will continue on Monday 22 and Tuesday 23 at the same venue between 9am and 4pm.
You may also want to watch:
For more details contact firstname.lastname@example.org or visit www.northamptonshirefa.com.
- 1 Spectators to be 'kept well away' when 85m chimneys come down
- 2 Fenland line-up for Cambridgeshire elections
- 3 Residents escape kitchen fire after bank holiday blaze
- 4 Retrospective bid for travellers' site
- 5 Council road sweeper vehicle involved in collision with car
- 6 Videographer captures lifeboat hoist at town boatyard
- 7 12 exciting new businesses to discover when lockdown restrictions ease
- 8 Former homeless recreate ‘Lunch atop a Skyscraper’ photograph
- 9 Alligator-owning farmer stars in new Ross Kemp ITV documentary
- 10 Person hit by train between Cambridge and Ely