Whittlesey referee Oliver dishes out the cards in one of UK’s largest youth tournaments
- Credit: Archant
A referee from Whittlesey was selected as one of five match officials to oversee one of the biggest youth tournaments in the UK.
18-year-old Oliver Hollyoak travelled to Northern Ireland to officiate in the Foyle Cup tournament, which sees over 300 teams taking part every year.
Oliver, who is a product of the Peterborough and Fenland Development Scheme, refereed four matches and was assistant for 10 over the week-long tournament, which welcomed teams from England, Scotland, Finland, the USA, Northern Ireland and the Republic of Ireland.
If you are interested in becoming a referee, the next local referee course will be held in Peterborough at the Athletics Track Pavilion (PE1 5BW) on Monday August 15 from 6.30pm to 9pm.
The course will continue on Monday 22 and Tuesday 23 at the same venue between 9am and 4pm.
You may also want to watch:
For more details contact email@example.com or visit www.northamptonshirefa.com.
- 1 Man, aged in his 40s, dies after suspected drug-fuelled B1101 crash
- 2 Updates as emergency services rush to major crash blocking B1101
- 3 Covid ban on collecting CCTV says police after cycle theft
- 4 Vaccine centre closure date announced amid 60,000 doses target
- 5 Man dies following crash on Cambridgeshire road
- 6 Hancock admits QEH 'in serious need of improvement' but makes no promises
- 7 Serious crash blocks main road into Fen town
- 8 Chatteris drug dealers handed community orders
- 9 Man jailed for sexual relationship with schoolgirl
- 10 Disgruntled dog owners fall foul of Wetherspoon's dog ban