Whittlesey referee Oliver dishes out the cards in one of UK’s largest youth tournaments
- Credit: Archant
A referee from Whittlesey was selected as one of five match officials to oversee one of the biggest youth tournaments in the UK.
18-year-old Oliver Hollyoak travelled to Northern Ireland to officiate in the Foyle Cup tournament, which sees over 300 teams taking part every year.
Oliver, who is a product of the Peterborough and Fenland Development Scheme, refereed four matches and was assistant for 10 over the week-long tournament, which welcomed teams from England, Scotland, Finland, the USA, Northern Ireland and the Republic of Ireland.
If you are interested in becoming a referee, the next local referee course will be held in Peterborough at the Athletics Track Pavilion (PE1 5BW) on Monday August 15 from 6.30pm to 9pm.
The course will continue on Monday 22 and Tuesday 23 at the same venue between 9am and 4pm.
You may also want to watch:
For more details contact email@example.com or visit www.northamptonshirefa.com.
- 1 Family remembers 'cheeky, friendly and well-liked' mechanic
- 2 Lack of public transport blamed for collapse of £10.5m training centre
- 3 Body found in Wisbech road
- 4 Diamond celebrations for former mayor and council chairman
- 5 Chatteris firm with £20m growth plan
- 6 ‘High risk’ paedophile had indecent images of children on his phone
- 7 Crash driver four and a half times over drink drive limit
- 8 Survey finds staggering 97 cent support for new Aldi store
- 9 Students highlight road safety in new films
- 10 Tractor driver error may have caused freight derailment in the Fens