WIN VIP equestrian tickets
A BRAND new international equestrian event will be taking place in the magnificent grounds of Houghton Hall, near King s Lynn, later this month and we are giving one lucky reader the chance to win a pair of VIP tickets. The first ever Houghton Internation
A BRAND new international equestrian event will be taking place in the magnificent grounds of Houghton Hall, near King's Lynn, later this month and we are giving one lucky reader the chance to win a pair of VIP tickets.
The first ever Houghton International runs from Thursday, May 24 to Sunday, May 27 and its organisers are well known for the Easco Burnham Market World Cup Horse Trials, one of Norfolk's most popular family events that attracts thousands of visitors every April.
Equestrian action is, of course, at the heart of the four-day event, and visitors will be able to see top quality cross country, dressage and show jumping action.
As well as top class equestrian action, visitors can enjoy a perfect summer day out with attractions such as falconry displays, terrier racing, the Robinsons Mercedes-Benz Driving Challenge, a food court, licensed all-day bar, a shopping village and loads of children's activities.
You may also want to watch:
And this week, we are giving one reader the chance to win a pair of VIP tickets for the final day of the event on Sunday, May 27.
Our competition winner and guest will receive bacon rolls in the marquee on arrival before taking in a private tour of the cross country course in a Mercedes Benz.
- 1 Police forensics team begin search after death of woman in her 70s
- 2 Firefighters attempted to resuscitate suspected murder victim
- 3 Man arrested on suspicion of murder after death of woman in her 70s
- 4 Two boys, aged 12 and 14, arrested after 3am service station burglary
- 5 iPads and laptops stolen in school break-in
- 6 Class B drug factory discovered following British Gas search warrant
- 7 Pervert filmed himself having sex with girl, 14, and then shared video online
- 8 Defeated Tory hits out at ‘toxic brand’ and says ‘James Palmer had it coming’
- 9 MP Steve Barclay visits £14m A47 Guyhirn roundabout upgrade works
- 10 Drink-driver blows over four times legal limit after ‘booze and cruise’
Following pre-lunch drinks and a three-course lunch in the sponsor's marquee, our winner will be given the opportunity to meet world class riders.
There will be a private tour of the commentary box to meet the event commentators before rounding off a superb day with tea and cakes.
For a chance to win this superb prize answer the following question:
Which other famous equestrian event has been organised by the team behind the Houghton International?
Send your answer, on a postcard or back of a sealed envelope, to: Houghton International competition, at 34 Market Place, Wisbech, PE13 1DP, or 51 High Street, March, PE15 9JJ.
Entries will close at noon next Friday (May 18). The winner will be the sender of the first correct answer drawn at random. Archant competition rules apply.
The Houghton International takes place at Houghton Hall, five miles east of King's Lynn. Ticket prices for Thursday and Friday are £3 per adult and free for children. On Saturday and Sunday, prices are £6 for adults, £3 for children and £18 for a family ticket.
Parking is free and the event runs from 8.30am to 8pm each day.