Winger McDonough leaves March Town United to join UCL Premier Division Yaxley
LEFT-WINGER James McDonough has left March Town United to join United Counties League Premier Division outfit Yaxley.
Hares boss Brett Whaley confirmed McDonough’s departure this morning after he waived Yaxley’s seven-day approach to allow the deal to go through immediately.
Whaley said: “Yaxley play a level above us so it’s a good opportunity for James to step up and I don’t want to stand in his way.
“He was fantastic during pre-season but had slipped down the pecking order here due to the form of Ash Brand and Rikki Goodale. They’ve stepped up when they’ve had the chance and that’s just what happens.
“He was going to have to fight to get his place back and I suppose it looks like he might get more action straight away at Yaxley.
You may also want to watch:
“He told me he wanted to go and realistically he hasn’t been in our starting 11 for a few weeks so the deal works well for them, him and us.
“I needed to trim our squad slightly because realistically I’m never going to be able to keep 20-25 players happy. I hope he does well and I wish him all the best.
- 1 Crash boy's mum says he's 'badly shaken but OK'
- 2 Chief executive takes 'personal oversight' of inquiry into deputy leader's farm tenancy
- 3 Former Top Gear star Rory Reid spotted filming with Lamborghini
- 4 Covid-19 numbers in Fenland higher than rest of county
- 5 Rapist on bail performed magic tricks for police and security guard
- 6 Council books seven hotels and guest houses for homeless
- 7 Max and Chloe become pioneers of community housing success in Cambs village
- 8 Welcome to Whittlesey - the new UK hotspot for kite surfing?
- 9 Transgender rapist - with anatomy of a man- jailed for 15 years
- 10 Emergency services – including two air ambulances – rush to A10 crash
“His move shows just how good our squad is looking if a Step 5 club want to sign a player that’s only been on the fringes of our side.”
McDonough joined March from Deeping Rangers in the summer.