Winners keeping it in the family
WISBECH Swimming Club competitors recorded 15 personal best times at the Mendi s Trophy Gala on Saturday, helping their team to a third place finish. Brother and sister Dale and Helen Brown both won their individual medley events. Helen set a personal bes
WISBECH Swimming Club competitors recorded 15 personal best times at the Mendi's Trophy Gala on Saturday, helping their team to a third place finish.
Brother and sister Dale and Helen Brown both won their individual medley events. Helen set a personal best in the 100m and Dale led the field home in the 200m race.
Helen continued to shine by winning the under-13 100m butterfly in a personal best time, and there were first place swims from Ellen Williams in the under-13 100m breaststroke and Matthew Jakeman in the under-15 100m breaststroke.
The team maintained pressure throughout the gala by recording many second and third places.
You may also want to watch:
First places: Helen Brown - under-13 100m individual medley (pb) and under-13 100m butterfly (pb), Ellen Williams - under-13 100m breaststroke, Matthew Jakeman - under-15 100m breaststroke, Dale Brown - open 200m individual medley.
Second places: Anna Clifton - under-11 50m freestyle, Lee Clarke - under-11 50m freestyle (pb), Sarah Knight - under-11 100m individual medley (pb) and 50m butterfly, Ellen Williams - under-13 100m backstroke, Jamie Sheldrick - under-13 100m butterfly (pb), Ellen Williams, Anna Clifton, Sarah Knight and Helen Brown - under-13 free relay, Ryan Johnson - under-15 100m freestyle, Rosie Manning, Ellen Williams, Jessica Jefferies and Helen Brown - under-15 free relay, Solomon Prestidge - open 100m backstroke and open 100m freestyle.
- 1 Police officer sacked for racially abusing colleague at Christmas party
- 2 Cambridgeshire police officer dismissed after conduct hearing
- 3 Historian who wrote 126 books and spent 64 years bellringing dies aged 90
- 4 Trades group hears of alarming rise in shop worker abuse amid Covid
- 5 Police hunt homemade go-kart ‘causing anti-social behaviour’
- 6 Rural crime police recover dog in ‘poor state’ while on site check
- 7 BBC drama Casualty storyline to feature pelvic mesh implant scandal
- 8 Fen farm on more than 200 acres of land up for sale for £2.2million
- 9 Mum caught driving with revoked license on school run gets car seized
- 10 Vicar's concerns over 'hugely vulnerable' rough sleepers
Third places: Jake Hopkisson - under-11 50m breaststroke (pb) and under-11 50m backstroke, Jake Hopkisson, Rory Willis, Harry Johnson, Lee Clarke - under-11 free relay, Jamie Sheldrick - under-13 100m backstroke (pb), Sarah Knight - under-13 100m freestyle (pb), Thomas Kelly - under-13 100m freestyle (pb), Thomas Kelly, Jake Hopkisson, Harry Johnson and Jamie Sheldrick - under-13 free relay, Ryan Johnson - under-15 100m butterfly, Helen Brown - under-15 100m breaststroke, Ryan Johnson, Matthew Jakeman, Thomas Kelly and Sam Johnson - under-15 free relay, Dale Brown - open 100m breaststroke, Dale Brown, Ross Stannard, Thomas, Solomon Prestidge - open free relay.
Other competitors: Victoria Bradford, Annabel Van Daalen, Jodie Hopkisson, Sophie Robinson, Kate Newton and Leanne Mohhammed.
Final points: Grantham 189, Dereham 154, Wisbech 136, Chatteris 127, Norwich Swans 102.