Wins for Outwell, Chatteris and Wisbech St Mary, who carry on strong starts to the season - Fen football round-up
- Credit: Archant
Ben Jimson’s goal was enough for Outwell Swifts to make it three straight wins in Kershaw Senior A with a 1-0 win over Barrington.
Outwell manager Mark Secker said: “Some of our performances have not been as good as they should be but we have never looked like losing.
“The win against Chatteris was a very good performance - there was a real intensity.
“We’re still missing players. I haven’t played since the first game and a few others have been away. Hopefully they will be back soon.
“We know how hard this league is so we’re taking it game by game.”
Craig Gillies (2) and Gary Smith scored in Chatteris Town’s 3-1 win at Fenstanton.
Chatteris manager Ashley Taylor said: “Very pleased with back to back wins. Its a tough place to go and the pitch is very small but we executed our game plan and came away with three good points.
- 1 Man who ran 'fly-tippers paradise’ faces £32,000 bill
- 2 Back garden log cabin needs permission says council
- 3 Cambridgeshire man stabbed partner in the neck while she held their baby
- 4 Pupils tell Ofsted school so good they don't want to leave
- 5 Three dogs including pregnant Jack Russell stolen from Wimpole kennels
- 6 Long queues at Peterborough passport office ahead of holiday season
- 7 100th birthday for Clovelly House resident
- 8 Change of plan for A142 Mepal bridge works as July closures announced
- 9 March set to light a beacon for Platinum Jubilee
- 10 Drug driver attacked man with metal pole and spat at police
“The aim for us now is to keep building momentum and put a winning run together.”
Wisbech St Mary are top of the Kershaw Premier (four wins from four) after beating Cottenham United 2-0. Aaron McKenna and Danny Emmington got the goals.
In the Peterborough and District League, Whittlesey Athletic kick-started the season with a 6-0 win over Crowland Town. Matthew Heron (2), Jacob Smith (2), Jack Bates and Ricky Hailstone scored.
Leverington lost 2-1 to Sawtry and, despite Matthew Hampshire’s goal, lost 3-1 at Peterborough Sports Reserves.
In Division One, Jack Brand, Mark Hardwick, Luke Whyatt and Lewis Clayton scored in Wisbech Town Reserves’ 4-2 win over Spalding United Reserves. But they then lost 2-1 to Whittlesey Athletic Reserves.
Sutton Bridge thumped Warboys Town 6-1. Jamie Griffin (2), Jake Lally (2), Ben Partridge and Matt Eaton scored.
Ben Jones’ goal sealed Whittlesey Athletic Reserves a 1-1 draw at Oundle Town.
Samuel Moses and Daniel Goddard scored but Long Sutton lost 4-2 at Kings Cliffe.
Matthew Cawthorn scored but Long Sutton lost 3-1 to Spalding United Reserves.