Wisbech and March both exit the FA Cup
IT was an awful day in the FA Cup as both Wisbech Town and March Town United crashed out of the competition.
March Town United lost 2-1 at home to Desborough Town while Wisbech were defeated 1-0 by Radcliffe Olympic.
The Fenmen were victims of an FA Cup giant-killing in Nottinghamshire against a side one level below them in the Non-League ladder.
In a scrappy game the Ridgeons Premier Division side failed to respond to going a goal behind in the 14th minute and never managed to get a shot on target.
Website editor, Spencer Larham, said: “We were awful. The opposition did their job and they’re actually a decent side.
“We were knocking it long all the time and seem to have retreated into our shells. I’m extremely disappointed.”
Wisbech: Jordan, Fairweather, Johnson, Cousins, Reeve, Morris, Kennedy, Carter, Cobb, Jimson, Parker - Subs used: Flanz, Treacher, Furnell
- 1 Boxing club 'absolutely gutted' as mass brawl abandons show
- 2 One arrest and cars seized on busy day for cops
- 3 Wenny Meadow home to rare 'false scorpions', says hidden report
- 4 Mother pays tribute to “much-loved” son who died near Fen Drayton
- 5 Robber attempts to steal scratch card and alcohol from convenience store
- 6 Cambridgeshire's Enhanced Area Status extended amid Covid surge in schools
- 7 Items from Lidl and Sainsbury's recalled over health and safety concerns
- 8 Motorbike set on fire in arson attack
- 9 Cambridgeshire individual diagnosed with Covid-19 Omicron variant
- 10 Karen’s three-course lunch with Mayor of Wisbech
For a full match report on March Town United’s defeat that contained a shocking refereeing performance visit www.cambstimes.co.uk