Wisbech and March both exit the FA Cup
IT was an awful day in the FA Cup as both Wisbech Town and March Town United crashed out of the competition.
March Town United lost 2-1 at home to Desborough Town while Wisbech were defeated 1-0 by Radcliffe Olympic.
The Fenmen were victims of an FA Cup giant-killing in Nottinghamshire against a side one level below them in the Non-League ladder.
In a scrappy game the Ridgeons Premier Division side failed to respond to going a goal behind in the 14th minute and never managed to get a shot on target.
Website editor, Spencer Larham, said: “We were awful. The opposition did their job and they’re actually a decent side.
You may also want to watch:
“We were knocking it long all the time and seem to have retreated into our shells. I’m extremely disappointed.”
Wisbech: Jordan, Fairweather, Johnson, Cousins, Reeve, Morris, Kennedy, Carter, Cobb, Jimson, Parker - Subs used: Flanz, Treacher, Furnell
- 1 Father murders daughter’s ex-partner in 'frenzied' multiple knife attack
- 2 Girl, 15, in late night stand-off with train on rural line
- 3 What are the outstanding and good schools in Cambridgeshire?
- 4 Lorry driver who died in B1085 crash named
- 5 Rainbow alliance hoping to bring sunshine to the Fens
- 6 Pupils thrilled to take next step towards England dream
- 7 ‘Shovel-ready’ mayor brings key schemes back from the brink
- 8 Abandoned mooring could cost £50,000 to replace, says council
- 9 Teenager, 16, threatened young couple with screwdriver in park
- 10 Drug dealer hid £130,000 at home
For a full match report on March Town United’s defeat that contained a shocking refereeing performance visit www.cambstimes.co.uk