Wisbech and March both exit the FA Cup
IT was an awful day in the FA Cup as both Wisbech Town and March Town United crashed out of the competition.
March Town United lost 2-1 at home to Desborough Town while Wisbech were defeated 1-0 by Radcliffe Olympic.
The Fenmen were victims of an FA Cup giant-killing in Nottinghamshire against a side one level below them in the Non-League ladder.
In a scrappy game the Ridgeons Premier Division side failed to respond to going a goal behind in the 14th minute and never managed to get a shot on target.
Website editor, Spencer Larham, said: “We were awful. The opposition did their job and they’re actually a decent side.
You may also want to watch:
“We were knocking it long all the time and seem to have retreated into our shells. I’m extremely disappointed.”
Wisbech: Jordan, Fairweather, Johnson, Cousins, Reeve, Morris, Kennedy, Carter, Cobb, Jimson, Parker - Subs used: Flanz, Treacher, Furnell
- 1 MP visits hospital about to become centre of Covid-19 vaccine rollout
- 2 Transgender rapist - with anatomy of a man- jailed for 15 years
- 3 'Big red key' used by cops in dawn raid on suspected drug dealers
- 4 Vaccine roll-out begins, 12 hours a day, seven days a week
- 5 Ditch crash victim seriously injured
- 6 Council offers reserved parking for elderly heading for Covid jab
- 7 Homes 'siloed on edge of village like old-style council estate'
- 8 Artist impressions of how Mepal will be transformed into a £6.5m crematorium
- 9 'Small number of Covid-19 deaths' at care home
- 10 Coronavirus test centre staff ‘receive abuse’ from angry motorists
For a full match report on March Town United’s defeat that contained a shocking refereeing performance visit www.cambstimes.co.uk