Wisbech and March both exit the FA Cup
IT was an awful day in the FA Cup as both Wisbech Town and March Town United crashed out of the competition.
March Town United lost 2-1 at home to Desborough Town while Wisbech were defeated 1-0 by Radcliffe Olympic.
The Fenmen were victims of an FA Cup giant-killing in Nottinghamshire against a side one level below them in the Non-League ladder.
In a scrappy game the Ridgeons Premier Division side failed to respond to going a goal behind in the 14th minute and never managed to get a shot on target.
Website editor, Spencer Larham, said: “We were awful. The opposition did their job and they’re actually a decent side.
You may also want to watch:
“We were knocking it long all the time and seem to have retreated into our shells. I’m extremely disappointed.”
Wisbech: Jordan, Fairweather, Johnson, Cousins, Reeve, Morris, Kennedy, Carter, Cobb, Jimson, Parker - Subs used: Flanz, Treacher, Furnell
- 1 Suspected paedophile, 61, arrested in front of thousands on live video
- 2 Man, 53, found in 'possession of knife' in Queensgate Shopping Centre
- 3 Success after six year battle to get 21 homes approved on factory site
- 4 MP praises 'fantastic' vaccine team after having Covid-19 jab
- 5 Hundreds go bargain hunting in the sun at first car boot since lockdown
- 6 Bullying and insider trader claims pile up against former deputy leader
- 7 Empty Wisbech shop earmarked for slots and bingo
- 8 Three derelict cottages ‘would make an ideal renovation project’
- 9 Here are your winners of the Pride of Whittlesey awards
- 10 Letters: Mayor's tribute, poem for a pigeon and letter release refusal
For a full match report on March Town United’s defeat that contained a shocking refereeing performance visit www.cambstimes.co.uk