Wisbech black belt claims stunning double silver at Tae Kwon-Do championships
- Credit: Archant
TEENAGE talent Stuart Murat was the surprise package at the Norfolk Open Tae Kwon-Do Championships - claiming two silver medals on his debut as an adult black belt.
The 17-year-old, from Wisbech, cruised past a host of more experienced opponents to reach the finals of the black belt sparring and patterns contests.
He was pipped in the final showdown by 41-year-old Justin Grey, from Downham Market, but two silvers represented an exceptional event for the schoolboy.
Anthony Carter, Murat’s trainer, said: “Stuart displayed a very high level of maturity and skill in both the patterns, which are very complex, and the sparring which was incredibly hard-fought.”
Martial arts stars from Birmingham, Loughborough and Scotland attended the championships but it was Downham Market who took the overall prize with 35 points.
You may also want to watch:
Murat and his mother, Dawn, train with Carter at the Hudson Leisure Centre, in Wisbech, on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays from 6-7pm.
For more information on the Tae Kwon-Do classes contact Carter on 01366 387601 or visit www.carterschooloftaekwondo.co.uk
- 1 Alternative banking available as local branch closes
- 2 Mother sends warning over 'disgraceful' care of six-year-old daughter
- 3 Pink Cadillacs, sports cars and a VW Beetle: Students arrive in style for their leavers' prom
- 4 Aquapark boss hits back at threat of enforcement
- 5 7 of the prettiest villages to visit in East Cambs and Fenland
- 6 Hospitals temporarily reintroduce restrictions for visitors
- 7 Students dare to dream of England Lionesses spot after trial success
- 8 March lorry and cyclist collision: Eye-witness saw ‘boy laid in the road’
- 9 Man killed in Estover Road motorbike crash named by police
- 10 Live updates as cyclist is ‘hit by lorry’ near March secondary school