Wisbech black belt claims stunning double silver at Tae Kwon-Do championships
- Credit: Archant
TEENAGE talent Stuart Murat was the surprise package at the Norfolk Open Tae Kwon-Do Championships - claiming two silver medals on his debut as an adult black belt.
The 17-year-old, from Wisbech, cruised past a host of more experienced opponents to reach the finals of the black belt sparring and patterns contests.
He was pipped in the final showdown by 41-year-old Justin Grey, from Downham Market, but two silvers represented an exceptional event for the schoolboy.
Anthony Carter, Murat’s trainer, said: “Stuart displayed a very high level of maturity and skill in both the patterns, which are very complex, and the sparring which was incredibly hard-fought.”
Martial arts stars from Birmingham, Loughborough and Scotland attended the championships but it was Downham Market who took the overall prize with 35 points.
You may also want to watch:
Murat and his mother, Dawn, train with Carter at the Hudson Leisure Centre, in Wisbech, on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays from 6-7pm.
For more information on the Tae Kwon-Do classes contact Carter on 01366 387601 or visit www.carterschooloftaekwondo.co.uk
- 1 High life ends for Bentley owning drug dealer
- 2 Neighbours want council to call time on off-licence
- 3 Man who spent Christmas alone in intensive care proposes to girlfriend
- 4 Fishing park owners await green light to open third lake
- 5 Transgender rapist - with anatomy of a man- jailed for 15 years
- 6 Nitrous oxide canisters no laughing matter say Fenland police
- 7 Driver bids to drift towards fruitful career with national success
- 8 Ever get that sinking feeling?
- 9 'Sorry for any delay' but we're getting there says vaccine rollout manager
- 10 County cops issue more than 60 Covid fines since beginning of 2021