Wisbech black belt claims stunning double silver at Tae Kwon-Do championships
- Credit: Archant
TEENAGE talent Stuart Murat was the surprise package at the Norfolk Open Tae Kwon-Do Championships - claiming two silver medals on his debut as an adult black belt.
The 17-year-old, from Wisbech, cruised past a host of more experienced opponents to reach the finals of the black belt sparring and patterns contests.
He was pipped in the final showdown by 41-year-old Justin Grey, from Downham Market, but two silvers represented an exceptional event for the schoolboy.
Anthony Carter, Murat’s trainer, said: “Stuart displayed a very high level of maturity and skill in both the patterns, which are very complex, and the sparring which was incredibly hard-fought.”
Martial arts stars from Birmingham, Loughborough and Scotland attended the championships but it was Downham Market who took the overall prize with 35 points.
Murat and his mother, Dawn, train with Carter at the Hudson Leisure Centre, in Wisbech, on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays from 6-7pm.
For more information on the Tae Kwon-Do classes contact Carter on 01366 387601 or visit www.carterschooloftaekwondo.co.uk
- 1 Family pleased with 'huge reaction' thanks to charity Christmas lights
- 2 Multiple emergency services at scene after B1098 crash
- 3 Man taken to hospital with serious injuries after B1098 crash
- 4 Isabella, 10, impresses to win top prize ahead of Whittlesey Extravaganza
- 5 Leslie transforms his life thanks to remarkable weight loss
- 6 Family escape 'devastating fire' that ripped through home
- 7 Cambridgeshire individual diagnosed with Covid-19 Omicron variant
- 8 Trainspotters catch Duchess of Sutherland whistling through Fens
- 9 Dental practice plan move to business park
- 10 House fire that killed two children will not have further electrical checks