Wisbech black belt claims stunning double silver at Tae Kwon-Do championships
- Credit: Archant
TEENAGE talent Stuart Murat was the surprise package at the Norfolk Open Tae Kwon-Do Championships - claiming two silver medals on his debut as an adult black belt.
The 17-year-old, from Wisbech, cruised past a host of more experienced opponents to reach the finals of the black belt sparring and patterns contests.
He was pipped in the final showdown by 41-year-old Justin Grey, from Downham Market, but two silvers represented an exceptional event for the schoolboy.
Anthony Carter, Murat’s trainer, said: “Stuart displayed a very high level of maturity and skill in both the patterns, which are very complex, and the sparring which was incredibly hard-fought.”
Martial arts stars from Birmingham, Loughborough and Scotland attended the championships but it was Downham Market who took the overall prize with 35 points.
You may also want to watch:
Murat and his mother, Dawn, train with Carter at the Hudson Leisure Centre, in Wisbech, on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays from 6-7pm.
For more information on the Tae Kwon-Do classes contact Carter on 01366 387601 or visit www.carterschooloftaekwondo.co.uk
- 1 Man, 53, found in 'possession of knife' in Queensgate Shopping Centre
- 2 Success after six year battle to get 21 homes approved on factory site
- 3 Suspected paedophile, 61, arrested in front of thousands on live video
- 4 MP praises 'fantastic' vaccine team after having Covid-19 jab
- 5 Here are your winners of the Pride of Whittlesey awards
- 6 Hundreds go bargain hunting in the sun at first car boot since lockdown
- 7 Letters: Mayor's tribute, poem for a pigeon and letter release refusal
- 8 Man who died in road crash is named
- 9 Three derelict cottages ‘would make an ideal renovation project’
- 10 Bullying and insider trader claims pile up against former deputy leader