Wisbech brothers win medals at Norfolk Open Taekwon-Do Championships
- Credit: Archant
Two brothers returned from a major martial arts tournament with silver medals.
Six-year-old Hagai Prince got silver in sparring and patterns while his older brother Dvir, 8, clinched silver in sparring at the Norfolk Open Taekwon-Do Championships at Downham Market.
The Wisbech pair train at the Carter School of Taekwon-do, which is based in the town’s Hudson Leisure Centre, under the watchful eye of international instructor and examiner Anthony Carter, 6th Dan Black Belt.
Proud father Stuart, who also trains at the school, paid tribute to his two sons.
He said: “I’m as proud as punch. This is where Taekwon-do has the edge on many other sports.
“Youngsters can compete at any age and at any level and the sport teaches them confidence, discipline and sportsmanship at a very individual and personal level.”
Taekwon-do is suitable for men, women, and children of all ages. Mr Carter runs classes at the Hudson Sports Centre on Monday, Wednesday and Friday evenings between 6pm-7pm.
- 1 Whittlesey and March serve up cup thriller ahead of crucial weekend
- 2 Village's stunning Christmas lights display captured on camera
- 3 Grandmother paralysed by Covid slowly improving, judge told
- 4 Neighbour and PCSO prevent £4,000 fraud
- 5 Santa lightens up the Fens in run-up to Christmas
- 6 Boxing club 'absolutely gutted' as mass brawl abandons show
- 7 Government clearance needed for £200,000 year role for Eileen
- 8 Owner left excited as town's 'heirloom' features on I'm A Celebrity trial
- 9 Staff threatened with sledgehammer in armed robbery at St Neots jewellers
- 10 Live music, over 100 stalls and fair rides as Christmas market returns
The first lesson is free and people can turn up and join in.
For more information contact Anthony Carter at 01366 387601 or 07768 634332.