Wisbech brothers win medals at Norfolk Open Taekwon-Do Championships
- Credit: Archant
Two brothers returned from a major martial arts tournament with silver medals.
Six-year-old Hagai Prince got silver in sparring and patterns while his older brother Dvir, 8, clinched silver in sparring at the Norfolk Open Taekwon-Do Championships at Downham Market.
The Wisbech pair train at the Carter School of Taekwon-do, which is based in the town’s Hudson Leisure Centre, under the watchful eye of international instructor and examiner Anthony Carter, 6th Dan Black Belt.
Proud father Stuart, who also trains at the school, paid tribute to his two sons.
He said: “I’m as proud as punch. This is where Taekwon-do has the edge on many other sports.
You may also want to watch:
“Youngsters can compete at any age and at any level and the sport teaches them confidence, discipline and sportsmanship at a very individual and personal level.”
Taekwon-do is suitable for men, women, and children of all ages. Mr Carter runs classes at the Hudson Sports Centre on Monday, Wednesday and Friday evenings between 6pm-7pm.
- 1 ‘You now have s**t on your face,’ objector to planning scheme told
- 2 Man who died in road crash is named
- 3 Suspected paedophile, 61, arrested in live Facebook video stream
- 4 Reporter shares mid-treatment stages of teeth transformation
- 5 Man, 53, found in 'possession of knife' in Queensgate Shopping Centre
- 6 Wright hopes overseas ace's return boosts March Town play-off hopes
- 7 Suspected drink-driver, 41, arrested after tip-off from resident
- 8 Police thank eagle-eyed motorist for being ‘right place, right time’
- 9 DJ, 11, branded 'an inspiration' after winning top award
- 10 Success after six year battle to get 21 homes approved on factory site
The first lesson is free and people can turn up and join in.
For more information contact Anthony Carter at 01366 387601 or 07768 634332.