Wisbech brothers win medals at Norfolk Open Taekwon-Do Championships
- Credit: Archant
Two brothers returned from a major martial arts tournament with silver medals.
Six-year-old Hagai Prince got silver in sparring and patterns while his older brother Dvir, 8, clinched silver in sparring at the Norfolk Open Taekwon-Do Championships at Downham Market.
The Wisbech pair train at the Carter School of Taekwon-do, which is based in the town’s Hudson Leisure Centre, under the watchful eye of international instructor and examiner Anthony Carter, 6th Dan Black Belt.
Proud father Stuart, who also trains at the school, paid tribute to his two sons.
He said: “I’m as proud as punch. This is where Taekwon-do has the edge on many other sports.
You may also want to watch:
“Youngsters can compete at any age and at any level and the sport teaches them confidence, discipline and sportsmanship at a very individual and personal level.”
Taekwon-do is suitable for men, women, and children of all ages. Mr Carter runs classes at the Hudson Sports Centre on Monday, Wednesday and Friday evenings between 6pm-7pm.
- 1 High life ends for Bentley owning drug dealer
- 2 Transgender rapist - with anatomy of a man- jailed for 15 years
- 3 Neighbours want council to call time on off-licence
- 4 Man who spent Christmas alone in intensive care proposes to girlfriend
- 5 Fishing park owners await green light to open third lake
- 6 Nitrous oxide canisters no laughing matter say Fenland police
- 7 County cops issue more than 60 Covid fines since beginning of 2021
- 8 MP visits hospital about to become centre of Covid-19 vaccine rollout
- 9 Ever get that sinking feeling?
- 10 Owner's desperate plea - and £500 reward - to find missing dog
The first lesson is free and people can turn up and join in.
For more information contact Anthony Carter at 01366 387601 or 07768 634332.