Wisbech Grammar School archers excel in county competition
- Credit: Archant
Skilful archers at Wisbech Grammar School have notched up a string of successes in a county competition.
In a three-and-a-half-hour contest at the Cambridgeshire end of season shoot at Parkfield Archers in Wimblington, the school’s team members defeated three teams to win the competition.
Nicholas Rayns, 16, set an under-18 county record and Premal Karavadara, 16, Sanket Goni, 12, and Ella Beckett, 12, gained the three other highest scores for the team.
All team members took gold, silver or bronze medals in their respective classes.
During the contest the pupils had the chance to chat with one of the other competitors, London 2012 Paralympian Kenny Allen.
You may also want to watch:
Archery coach Sean Fox said: “This is a wonderful result for the entire team from the Wisbech Grammar School archery club and it bodes well for the upcoming Cambridgeshire county championships.”
- 1 Police officer sacked for racially abusing colleague at Christmas party
- 2 Cambridgeshire police officer dismissed after conduct hearing
- 3 Historian who wrote 126 books and spent 64 years bellringing dies aged 90
- 4 Trades group hears of alarming rise in shop worker abuse amid Covid
- 5 Police hunt homemade go-kart ‘causing anti-social behaviour’
- 6 Rural crime police recover dog in ‘poor state’ while on site check
- 7 Mum caught driving with revoked license on school run gets car seized
- 8 BBC drama Casualty storyline to feature pelvic mesh implant scandal
- 9 Fen farm on more than 200 acres of land up for sale for £2.2million
- 10 Vicar's concerns over 'hugely vulnerable' rough sleepers