Wisbech Grammar School archers excel in county competition
- Credit: Archant
Skilful archers at Wisbech Grammar School have notched up a string of successes in a county competition.
In a three-and-a-half-hour contest at the Cambridgeshire end of season shoot at Parkfield Archers in Wimblington, the school’s team members defeated three teams to win the competition.
Nicholas Rayns, 16, set an under-18 county record and Premal Karavadara, 16, Sanket Goni, 12, and Ella Beckett, 12, gained the three other highest scores for the team.
All team members took gold, silver or bronze medals in their respective classes.
During the contest the pupils had the chance to chat with one of the other competitors, London 2012 Paralympian Kenny Allen.
You may also want to watch:
Archery coach Sean Fox said: “This is a wonderful result for the entire team from the Wisbech Grammar School archery club and it bodes well for the upcoming Cambridgeshire county championships.”
- 1 Alternative banking available as local branch closes
- 2 Pink Cadillacs, sports cars and a VW Beetle: Students arrive in style for their leavers' prom
- 3 AN APOLOGY: The Gables in Chatteris
- 4 Mother sends warning over 'disgraceful' care of six-year-old daughter
- 5 7 of the prettiest villages to visit in East Cambs and Fenland
- 6 March lorry and cyclist collision: Eye-witness saw ‘boy laid in the road’
- 7 Hospitals temporarily reintroduce restrictions for visitors
- 8 Aquapark boss hits back at threat of enforcement
- 9 Man killed in Estover Road motorbike crash named by police
- 10 Chief honours those who went 'over and beyond' to protect public