Wisbech Grammar School rugby team win anniversary match against French twin town visitors Arles
- Credit: Archant
A Wisbech Grammar School side dominated an anniversary test match against a visiting club side from the twin town of Arles in France on Friday.
Playing on the school’s newly laid first XV pitch, Wisbech beat their Arles-Tarascon Club de Rugby under-17s visitors 45-0 with tries from Ryan Hutler (3), Patrick Webb (2), Freddy Foreman (2), James Thompson and Charlie Golding.
The previous day, the visiting team, who were hosted by parents, pupils and staff from the school, as well as members of the twinning committee, beat an under-17s team from Wisbech Rugby Club 34-12.
The Arlesian visit coincides with the 50th anniversary of the establishment of the twinning arrangement by the two towns.
The Grammar School’s director of sport Phil Webb said: “The tour has been a great success and a memorable one, both on and off the field.
You may also want to watch:
“They had a tremendous time in Wisbech.”
- 1 Vaccine roll-out begins, 12 hours a day, seven days a week
- 2 Council offers reserved parking for elderly heading for Covid jab
- 3 MP visits hospital about to become centre of Covid-19 vaccine rollout
- 4 Artist impressions of how Mepal will be transformed into a £6.5m crematorium
- 5 'Small number of Covid-19 deaths' at care home
- 6 Man attempts to smuggle MDMA tablets disguised as Mars Bar into jail
- 7 Slimmer's life-changing weight loss story
- 8 Coronavirus test centre staff ‘receive abuse’ from angry motorists
- 9 Man, 39, convicted of assault on two HMRC officers by beating
- 10 Tributes to 'loving, kind family man' and community stalwart