Wisbech Grammar School rugby team win anniversary match against French twin town visitors Arles
- Credit: Archant
A Wisbech Grammar School side dominated an anniversary test match against a visiting club side from the twin town of Arles in France on Friday.
Playing on the school’s newly laid first XV pitch, Wisbech beat their Arles-Tarascon Club de Rugby under-17s visitors 45-0 with tries from Ryan Hutler (3), Patrick Webb (2), Freddy Foreman (2), James Thompson and Charlie Golding.
The previous day, the visiting team, who were hosted by parents, pupils and staff from the school, as well as members of the twinning committee, beat an under-17s team from Wisbech Rugby Club 34-12.
The Arlesian visit coincides with the 50th anniversary of the establishment of the twinning arrangement by the two towns.
The Grammar School’s director of sport Phil Webb said: “The tour has been a great success and a memorable one, both on and off the field.
You may also want to watch:
“They had a tremendous time in Wisbech.”
- 1 Suspected paedophile, 61, arrested in front of thousands on live video
- 2 Bullying and insider trader claims pile up against former deputy leader
- 3 Hundreds go bargain hunting in the sun at first car boot since lockdown
- 4 Three derelict cottages ‘would make an ideal renovation project’
- 5 Residents urged to take twice-weekly rapid Covid-19 tests
- 6 Empty Wisbech shop earmarked for slots and bingo
- 7 Cheers! Busy first weekend back for pub post-lockdown
- 8 Dramatic drop in face-to-face GP appointments
- 9 High Sheriff of Cambridgeshire honoured with new role
- 10 Fen farm on more than 200 acres of land up for sale for £2.2million