Wisbech Grammar School rugby team win anniversary match against French twin town visitors Arles
- Credit: Archant
A Wisbech Grammar School side dominated an anniversary test match against a visiting club side from the twin town of Arles in France on Friday.
Playing on the school’s newly laid first XV pitch, Wisbech beat their Arles-Tarascon Club de Rugby under-17s visitors 45-0 with tries from Ryan Hutler (3), Patrick Webb (2), Freddy Foreman (2), James Thompson and Charlie Golding.
The previous day, the visiting team, who were hosted by parents, pupils and staff from the school, as well as members of the twinning committee, beat an under-17s team from Wisbech Rugby Club 34-12.
The Arlesian visit coincides with the 50th anniversary of the establishment of the twinning arrangement by the two towns.
The Grammar School’s director of sport Phil Webb said: “The tour has been a great success and a memorable one, both on and off the field.
You may also want to watch:
“They had a tremendous time in Wisbech.”
- 1 It's a family affair as planners consider five luxury homes
- 2 Three stores evacuated after suspect 'bomb scare'
- 3 Turners ‘massively impacted’ and Knowles up pay to hire HGV drivers
- 4 Police warn you may run but you can't hide from us
- 5 Travellers move onto sports field forcing football to be cancelled
- 6 ‘High risk’ paedophile had indecent images of children on his phone
- 7 Family remembers 'cheeky, friendly and well-liked' mechanic
- 8 Hares hit five, Wisbech win, Whittlesey victorious as Drove triumph
- 9 Chatteris firm with £20m growth plan
- 10 Lack of public transport blamed for collapse of £10.5m training centre