Wisbech Grammar School’s rugby stars take on French rivals during exchange trip
YOUNG rugby stars from Wisbech Grammar School took on their French rivals during an exchange with twin town Arles.
The school’s under-13 side recorded two victories and a loss against their counterparts in the south of France.
Phillip Webb, head of boys’ sport, said: “The boys had an excellent trip, learning the French style of rugby with a joint training session and then defeating them in two matches.”
Headmaster Nicholas Hammond also joined the youngsters for the tour.
He said: “It is great to be able to visit our twin town and receive such a warm welcome.
You may also want to watch:
“It is hoped that this will be the start of an annual rugby exchange and we are looking forward to a return visit by the Arlesians in 2013.”
- 1 Police officer sacked for racially abusing colleague at Christmas party
- 2 Bullying and insider trader claims pile up against former deputy leader
- 3 Historian who wrote 126 books and spent 64 years bellringing dies aged 90
- 4 Fen farm on more than 200 acres of land up for sale for £2.2million
- 5 BBC drama Casualty storyline to feature pelvic mesh implant scandal
- 6 Police hunt homemade go-kart ‘causing anti-social behaviour’
- 7 Trades group hears of alarming rise in shop worker abuse amid Covid
- 8 Rural crime police recover dog in ‘poor state’ while on site check
- 9 Heated dining pod and covered decking area at restaurant after garden makeover
- 10 Spectators to be 'kept well away' when 85m chimneys come down