Wisbech Grammar School’s rugby stars take on French rivals during exchange trip
YOUNG rugby stars from Wisbech Grammar School took on their French rivals during an exchange with twin town Arles.
The school’s under-13 side recorded two victories and a loss against their counterparts in the south of France.
Phillip Webb, head of boys’ sport, said: “The boys had an excellent trip, learning the French style of rugby with a joint training session and then defeating them in two matches.”
Headmaster Nicholas Hammond also joined the youngsters for the tour.
He said: “It is great to be able to visit our twin town and receive such a warm welcome.
You may also want to watch:
“It is hoped that this will be the start of an annual rugby exchange and we are looking forward to a return visit by the Arlesians in 2013.”
- 1 High life ends for Bentley owning drug dealer
- 2 Transgender rapist - with anatomy of a man- jailed for 15 years
- 3 Neighbours want council to call time on off-licence
- 4 Man who spent Christmas alone in intensive care proposes to girlfriend
- 5 Fishing park owners await green light to open third lake
- 6 Nitrous oxide canisters no laughing matter say Fenland police
- 7 County cops issue more than 60 Covid fines since beginning of 2021
- 8 MP visits hospital about to become centre of Covid-19 vaccine rollout
- 9 Ever get that sinking feeling?
- 10 Owner's desperate plea - and £500 reward - to find missing dog