Wisbech Grammar School’s rugby stars take on French rivals during exchange trip
YOUNG rugby stars from Wisbech Grammar School took on their French rivals during an exchange with twin town Arles.
The school’s under-13 side recorded two victories and a loss against their counterparts in the south of France.
Phillip Webb, head of boys’ sport, said: “The boys had an excellent trip, learning the French style of rugby with a joint training session and then defeating them in two matches.”
Headmaster Nicholas Hammond also joined the youngsters for the tour.
He said: “It is great to be able to visit our twin town and receive such a warm welcome.
You may also want to watch:
“It is hoped that this will be the start of an annual rugby exchange and we are looking forward to a return visit by the Arlesians in 2013.”
- 1 Alternative banking available as local branch closes
- 2 Pink Cadillacs, sports cars and a VW Beetle: Students arrive in style for their leavers' prom
- 3 AN APOLOGY: The Gables in Chatteris
- 4 7 of the prettiest villages to visit in East Cambs and Fenland
- 5 Mother sends warning over 'disgraceful' care of six-year-old daughter
- 6 March lorry and cyclist collision: Eye-witness saw ‘boy laid in the road’
- 7 Aquapark boss hits back at threat of enforcement
- 8 Man killed in Estover Road motorbike crash named by police
- 9 Historic hotel opens doors after lockdown transformation
- 10 Hospitals temporarily reintroduce restrictions for visitors