Wisbech Hockey Club players meet England squad at World Cup event in London
- Credit: Archant
Two young leaders from Wisbech Hockey Club took part in an England hockey event to meet the players.
Will Smithee and Jamie Hallatt travelled to the Hockey World Cup event at Lee Valley London which was designed to reward and challenge young people to help develop hockey for the future.
They did various activities along with meeting some of the England squad and coaches and watch some of the World Cup.
The day included personal appearances from Alex Danson, Helen Richardson-Walsh, Simon Mason and Danny Kerry, who praised the efforts of young people in the game for keeping it alive.
It applied to Will and Jamie along with many other young volunteers in the club.
You may also want to watch:
Jamie and Will described the day as “inspiring” and it reminded them of just how big hockey is becoming, how much passion there is for it and they realised how much of an impact they personally were having.
- 1 March Town mark long-awaited step five return with opening day defeat
- 2 Residents told 'not to approach' illegal encampment
- 3 Father murders daughter’s ex-partner in 'frenzied' multiple knife attack
- 4 Abandoned mooring could cost £50,000 to replace, says council
- 5 Did you go to Newmarket Nights? Spot yourself in our gallery
- 6 Sweet Caroline and a dodgy knee - review of Olly Murs at Newmarket Nights
- 7 Teenager, 16, threatened young couple with screwdriver in park
- 8 Drug dealer hid £130,000 at home
- 9 Blush crowned best bridal shop in Cambs
- 10 Alleged paedophile released on bail