Wisbech Hockey Club players meet England squad at World Cup event in London
- Credit: Archant
Two young leaders from Wisbech Hockey Club took part in an England hockey event to meet the players.
Will Smithee and Jamie Hallatt travelled to the Hockey World Cup event at Lee Valley London which was designed to reward and challenge young people to help develop hockey for the future.
They did various activities along with meeting some of the England squad and coaches and watch some of the World Cup.
The day included personal appearances from Alex Danson, Helen Richardson-Walsh, Simon Mason and Danny Kerry, who praised the efforts of young people in the game for keeping it alive.
It applied to Will and Jamie along with many other young volunteers in the club.
Jamie and Will described the day as “inspiring” and it reminded them of just how big hockey is becoming, how much passion there is for it and they realised how much of an impact they personally were having.
- 1 Tributes paid to 'beloved husband' killed crossing road
- 2 Cambridgeshire individual diagnosed with Covid-19 Omicron variant
- 3 Princess Eugenie on mission to stop modern slavery
- 4 Fens business park goes to auction - for up to £700,000
- 5 Thousands descend on Chatteris as town lights up for Christmas
- 6 Stolen caravans discovered on village site to relief of owners
- 7 Two-day operation to feature in episode four of TV series
- 8 Happy Hares boss confident more progress is yet to come
- 9 Children among suspected hare coursers stopped in the Fens
- 10 Christmas at Wimpole illuminated trail sparks into life as countdown begins