Wisbech Hockey Club players meet England squad at World Cup event in London
- Credit: Archant
Two young leaders from Wisbech Hockey Club took part in an England hockey event to meet the players.
Will Smithee and Jamie Hallatt travelled to the Hockey World Cup event at Lee Valley London which was designed to reward and challenge young people to help develop hockey for the future.
They did various activities along with meeting some of the England squad and coaches and watch some of the World Cup.
The day included personal appearances from Alex Danson, Helen Richardson-Walsh, Simon Mason and Danny Kerry, who praised the efforts of young people in the game for keeping it alive.
It applied to Will and Jamie along with many other young volunteers in the club.
You may also want to watch:
Jamie and Will described the day as “inspiring” and it reminded them of just how big hockey is becoming, how much passion there is for it and they realised how much of an impact they personally were having.
- 1 BBC drama Casualty storyline to feature pelvic mesh implant scandal
- 2 Long-serving work couple leaving Fens for Nigeria to build care home
- 3 Cheers to that! Businesses reopen as lockdown restrictions ease
- 4 Burglar's DNA linked to break in at Ramsey Royal British Legion Club
- 5 Woman threatened for not wearing mask describes fear for safety
- 6 Primary school joins laureate's £100m-a-year bid to boost libraries
- 7 Spectators to be 'kept well away' when 85m chimneys come down
- 8 Council removes anti-Semitic graffiti in Ely
- 9 Aldi invites the public to share their views on new Whittlesey store
- 10 March Town United in line for promotion after FA decide to restructure non-league pyramid