Wisbech Hockey Club players meet England squad at World Cup event in London
- Credit: Archant
Two young leaders from Wisbech Hockey Club took part in an England hockey event to meet the players.
Will Smithee and Jamie Hallatt travelled to the Hockey World Cup event at Lee Valley London which was designed to reward and challenge young people to help develop hockey for the future.
They did various activities along with meeting some of the England squad and coaches and watch some of the World Cup.
The day included personal appearances from Alex Danson, Helen Richardson-Walsh, Simon Mason and Danny Kerry, who praised the efforts of young people in the game for keeping it alive.
It applied to Will and Jamie along with many other young volunteers in the club.
You may also want to watch:
Jamie and Will described the day as “inspiring” and it reminded them of just how big hockey is becoming, how much passion there is for it and they realised how much of an impact they personally were having.
- 1 Rapist on bail performed magic tricks for police and security guard
- 2 Care home 'requires improvement' after unannounced visit
- 3 Jonathan Van Tam’s mum gets Covid-19 vaccination at Cambs clinic
- 4 Cops 'cash and carry' raid nets 108 cannabis plants and £100,000
- 5 Shoplifter jailed after stealing goods worth £1,600
- 6 'Not a sprint, a marathon' cautions NHS staff in the Fens
- 7 'Amazing team work' at hospital's vaccination clinic
- 8 Crossing company praised for using local workers and suppliers
- 9 Welcome to Whittlesey - the new UK hotspot for kite surfing?
- 10 'Physically and mentally exhausted" Matt in plea to find missing beagle