Wisbech Inline Speed Skating Team dominate at British Championships
- Credit: Archant
The Wisbech Inline Roller Speed Skating Team won eight golds, three silvers and three bronzes and set two British records at the British Championships.
James Ashby set a new British record in the heats of the 100m time trial, broke his own record the following day in the 100m time trial finals and won all three senior men’s championship events.
Joe Hardy won all junior men’s championship events, setting a new British record in the 100m time trial final.
The veteran men’s A and B relay teams came first and second in the veteran men’s relay event.
India Cooper won silver in both her 800m and 300m races and a bronze in the 100m time trial.
You may also want to watch:
Glen Brown picked up bronze in the veteran men’s 100m time trial, bronze in the 500m race and silver as part of the veteran men’s relay B team.
- 1 Suspected paedophile, 61, arrested in front of thousands on live video
- 2 Bullying and insider trader claims pile up against former deputy leader
- 3 Hundreds go bargain hunting in the sun at first car boot since lockdown
- 4 Three derelict cottages ‘would make an ideal renovation project’
- 5 Residents urged to take twice-weekly rapid Covid-19 tests
- 6 Dramatic drop in face-to-face GP appointments
- 7 Cheers! Busy first weekend back for pub post-lockdown
- 8 Police officer sacked for racially abusing colleague at Christmas party
- 9 High Sheriff of Cambridgeshire honoured with new role
- 10 Empty Wisbech shop earmarked for slots and bingo