Wisbech karting stars beat the fog to stage first winter meeting
THICK fog descended on the Norfolk Arena as drivers from Wisbech and District Kart Racing Club battled it out at their first winter meeting.
The event had been on the brink of being postponed but Fenland’s karting stars defied the tricky conditions with a series of memorable performances.
Ashley Hornigold, Stephen Gardener and Adrian Nicholls were in particularly fine form as they recorded maximum points in their categories.
Henry Laws 98, Alex Ward 88, Ben Brookes 84.
- 1 Discount store expanding making it ‘bigger and better for customers’
- 2 Arson causes fire to rip through derelict building
- 3 Salesman Stephen who 'has a smile every day' marks 45 years at firm
- 4 Chatteris Fire brigade respond to nearly 20 calls in two days
- 5 Police officer speaks out after violent assault left bleed on brain
- 6 'Why not have two stations?' - Villagers air their views on £37m rail project
- 7 Heather's Hedgehog Hotel in Chatteris officially opens
- 8 Man and teenager jailed after carrying out ‘horrific’ homophobic attack
- 9 Woman on trial over death of Louis Thorold ‘had worsening dementia’
- 10 Over 6,000 homes approved across Cambridgeshire this year
Marcus Gilbert 76, Lewey Brookes 74, Ben Ward 72.
Craig Nichols 92, Joshua Smith 84, Harry Hensby 82.
Stephen Gardener 100, Andrew Nunn 86, Matthew Gardener 68.
Andy Huggins 88, Simon Ward 82, Steve Hoppe 80.
Ashley Hornigold 100, Ben Jackson 86, Karl Fisher 74.
Adrian Nicholls 100, Kevin Jackson 86, Craig Jackson 76.