Wisbech karting stars beat the fog to stage first winter meeting
THICK fog descended on the Norfolk Arena as drivers from Wisbech and District Kart Racing Club battled it out at their first winter meeting.
The event had been on the brink of being postponed but Fenland’s karting stars defied the tricky conditions with a series of memorable performances.
Ashley Hornigold, Stephen Gardener and Adrian Nicholls were in particularly fine form as they recorded maximum points in their categories.
You may also want to watch:
Henry Laws 98, Alex Ward 88, Ben Brookes 84.
- 1 Lack of public transport blamed for collapse of £10.5m training centre
- 2 Family remembers 'cheeky, friendly and well-liked' mechanic
- 3 Diamond celebrations for former mayor and council chairman
- 4 Travellers move onto sports field forcing football to be cancelled
- 5 Body found in Wisbech road
- 6 Chatteris firm with £20m growth plan
- 7 ‘High risk’ paedophile had indecent images of children on his phone
- 8 Crash driver four and a half times over drink drive limit
- 9 Dogs to join hounds across the world in global walk
- 10 Tractor driver error may have caused freight derailment in the Fens
Marcus Gilbert 76, Lewey Brookes 74, Ben Ward 72.
Craig Nichols 92, Joshua Smith 84, Harry Hensby 82.
Stephen Gardener 100, Andrew Nunn 86, Matthew Gardener 68.
Andy Huggins 88, Simon Ward 82, Steve Hoppe 80.
Ashley Hornigold 100, Ben Jackson 86, Karl Fisher 74.
Adrian Nicholls 100, Kevin Jackson 86, Craig Jackson 76.