Wisbech karting stars beat the fog to stage first winter meeting
THICK fog descended on the Norfolk Arena as drivers from Wisbech and District Kart Racing Club battled it out at their first winter meeting.
The event had been on the brink of being postponed but Fenland’s karting stars defied the tricky conditions with a series of memorable performances.
Ashley Hornigold, Stephen Gardener and Adrian Nicholls were in particularly fine form as they recorded maximum points in their categories.
You may also want to watch:
Henry Laws 98, Alex Ward 88, Ben Brookes 84.
- 1 ‘You now have s**t on your face,’ objector to planning scheme told
- 2 Suspected paedophile, 61, arrested in live Facebook video stream
- 3 Man who died in road crash is named
- 4 Man, 53, found in 'possession of knife' in Queensgate Shopping Centre
- 5 Success after six year battle to get 21 homes approved on factory site
- 6 Reporter shares mid-treatment stages of teeth transformation
- 7 Wright hopes overseas ace's return boosts March Town play-off hopes
- 8 Hundreds go bargain hunting in the sun at first car boot since lockdown
- 9 Here are your winners of the Pride of Whittlesey awards
- 10 MP praises 'fantastic' vaccine team after having Covid-19 jab
Marcus Gilbert 76, Lewey Brookes 74, Ben Ward 72.
Craig Nichols 92, Joshua Smith 84, Harry Hensby 82.
Stephen Gardener 100, Andrew Nunn 86, Matthew Gardener 68.
Andy Huggins 88, Simon Ward 82, Steve Hoppe 80.
Ashley Hornigold 100, Ben Jackson 86, Karl Fisher 74.
Adrian Nicholls 100, Kevin Jackson 86, Craig Jackson 76.