Wisbech need to tighten up defensively after Thurnby escape, Creasey says
- Credit: Archant
Wisbech Town manager Dick Creasey says his side needs to improve defensively after they shipped four goals at home to Thurnby Nirvana on Saturday.
Steven Reid’s spectacular late 30 yard thunderbolt spared the Fenmen’s blushes in a 4-4 United Counties League draw.
Jon Fairweather, Adam Millson and Danny Beaumont also found the net as Wisbech preserved their seven match unbeaten run.
He said: “I’m pleased we got ourselves back in it but overall I’m disappointed. You do not want to be letting in four goals at home. We didn’t defend well as a team.
“We brush ourselves down and the positive is we’ve maintained our unbeaten run.”
You may also want to watch:
Creasey says he is hopeful of a clean bill of health when they travel to second bottom Harborough on Saturday.
Harborough have only picked up seven points in 14 games, shipping 47 goals, but Creasey says it would be a mistake to take them lightly.
- 1 The Chase contestant from Cambs labelled ‘most stunning’ in show’s history
- 2 ‘It needs to get sorted’ - heartfelt plea after flood nightmare
- 3 More than 60 fines issued to Covid rulebreakers in Cambs this year
- 4 Driver peers out of Range Rover while trying to cross flooded Welney Wash
- 5 Road closed and residents without water due to burst water main
- 6 'Eccentric traveller' to ride Penny-Farthing from London to Paris
- 7 Max and Chloe become pioneers of community housing success in Cambs village
- 8 161-mile trip from Yorkshire to Fen village ends in Covid breach fine
- 9 People power brings about changes to £800,000 roundabout scheme
- 10 Van crashes into pram, killing five month old baby
He said: “I always say don’t take any game lightly. We need to defend and play in the right way.
“Looking at the stats, if we come away with anything other than a win we will not be too happy.
“Next Saturday we host Rushden and Diamonds (leaders) so we need to get things right.”