Wisbech need to tighten up defensively after Thurnby escape, Creasey says
- Credit: Archant
Wisbech Town manager Dick Creasey says his side needs to improve defensively after they shipped four goals at home to Thurnby Nirvana on Saturday.
Steven Reid’s spectacular late 30 yard thunderbolt spared the Fenmen’s blushes in a 4-4 United Counties League draw.
Jon Fairweather, Adam Millson and Danny Beaumont also found the net as Wisbech preserved their seven match unbeaten run.
He said: “I’m pleased we got ourselves back in it but overall I’m disappointed. You do not want to be letting in four goals at home. We didn’t defend well as a team.
“We brush ourselves down and the positive is we’ve maintained our unbeaten run.”
You may also want to watch:
Creasey says he is hopeful of a clean bill of health when they travel to second bottom Harborough on Saturday.
Harborough have only picked up seven points in 14 games, shipping 47 goals, but Creasey says it would be a mistake to take them lightly.
- 1 Homes evacuated as FOUR gas leaks disrupt March
- 2 All roads reopened after gas leaks cause day of disruption
- 3 Driver escapes injury after A14 lorry fire
- 4 20 travelling families park illegally at rugby club
- 5 Hauliers on how they are tackling the HGV driver shortage crisis
- 6 Police disrupt drug dealer's 'oven ready' cannabis stash
- 7 White van driver sought after Passat overturns
- 8 Family farmers win court case against oat milk giants
- 9 Hooded man exposes himself to two women
- 10 Pub closes as owners decide not to sell
He said: “I always say don’t take any game lightly. We need to defend and play in the right way.
“Looking at the stats, if we come away with anything other than a win we will not be too happy.
“Next Saturday we host Rushden and Diamonds (leaders) so we need to get things right.”