Wisbech need to tighten up defensively after Thurnby escape, Creasey says
- Credit: Archant
Wisbech Town manager Dick Creasey says his side needs to improve defensively after they shipped four goals at home to Thurnby Nirvana on Saturday.
Steven Reid’s spectacular late 30 yard thunderbolt spared the Fenmen’s blushes in a 4-4 United Counties League draw.
Jon Fairweather, Adam Millson and Danny Beaumont also found the net as Wisbech preserved their seven match unbeaten run.
He said: “I’m pleased we got ourselves back in it but overall I’m disappointed. You do not want to be letting in four goals at home. We didn’t defend well as a team.
“We brush ourselves down and the positive is we’ve maintained our unbeaten run.”
You may also want to watch:
Creasey says he is hopeful of a clean bill of health when they travel to second bottom Harborough on Saturday.
Harborough have only picked up seven points in 14 games, shipping 47 goals, but Creasey says it would be a mistake to take them lightly.
- 1 Suspected paedophile, 61, arrested in front of thousands on live video
- 2 Bullying and insider trader claims pile up against former deputy leader
- 3 Hundreds go bargain hunting in the sun at first car boot since lockdown
- 4 Three derelict cottages ‘would make an ideal renovation project’
- 5 Residents urged to take twice-weekly rapid Covid-19 tests
- 6 Empty Wisbech shop earmarked for slots and bingo
- 7 Cheers! Busy first weekend back for pub post-lockdown
- 8 Dramatic drop in face-to-face GP appointments
- 9 High Sheriff of Cambridgeshire honoured with new role
- 10 Ex-glider pilot and education pioneer dies
He said: “I always say don’t take any game lightly. We need to defend and play in the right way.
“Looking at the stats, if we come away with anything other than a win we will not be too happy.
“Next Saturday we host Rushden and Diamonds (leaders) so we need to get things right.”