Wisbech out for revenge when they host March on Saturday
- Credit: Archant
Wisbech Town will look to kick-start their season with a win over March Town at Harecroft Road on Saturday.
They will hope to avoid a repeat of last season’s shock 37 run home loss and last week’s eight wicket Jaidka Cup quarter final defeat to their Fenland rivals.
Both sides will go into the game on the back of abandoned matches on Saturday - Wisbech’s game with Foxton/Babraham and March’s game with Cambridge NCI both fell victim to the weather.
There are only 13 points between fourth place Wisbech and fifth place March in the Tucker Gardner League, with both teams hoping to chase down leaders Sawston.
Wisbech chairman Bob Burgess said: “Both clubs will be keen to keep pace with the Premier League front runners.
You may also want to watch:
“The stop-start nature of the season has not enabled players to reach any real form.
“But we are 24 points off top spot and a win, combined with other results going in their favour, could pretty well wipe out the deficit.
- 1 Bullying and insider trader claims pile up against former deputy leader
- 2 Police officer sacked for racially abusing colleague at Christmas party
- 3 Rural crime police recover dog in ‘poor state’ while on site check
- 4 Heated dining pod and covered decking area at restaurant after garden makeover
- 5 Police hunt homemade go-kart ‘causing anti-social behaviour’
- 6 Fen farm on more than 200 acres of land up for sale for £2.2million
- 7 £1.5 million food store creates 12 jobs
- 8 Historian who wrote 126 books and spent 64 years bellringing dies aged 90
- 9 Villagers stay strong to earn perfect post-lockdown record
- 10 Mum caught driving with revoked license on school run gets car seized
“We did win at March last year to seal the league title but will be keen not to repeat the failure to chase down March’s total earlier in 2013 at Harecroft Road.”