Wisbech out for revenge when they host March on Saturday
- Credit: Archant
Wisbech Town will look to kick-start their season with a win over March Town at Harecroft Road on Saturday.
They will hope to avoid a repeat of last season’s shock 37 run home loss and last week’s eight wicket Jaidka Cup quarter final defeat to their Fenland rivals.
Both sides will go into the game on the back of abandoned matches on Saturday - Wisbech’s game with Foxton/Babraham and March’s game with Cambridge NCI both fell victim to the weather.
There are only 13 points between fourth place Wisbech and fifth place March in the Tucker Gardner League, with both teams hoping to chase down leaders Sawston.
Wisbech chairman Bob Burgess said: “Both clubs will be keen to keep pace with the Premier League front runners.
You may also want to watch:
“The stop-start nature of the season has not enabled players to reach any real form.
“But we are 24 points off top spot and a win, combined with other results going in their favour, could pretty well wipe out the deficit.
- 1 Girl, 15, in late night stand-off with train on rural line
- 2 Pupils thrilled to take next step towards England dream
- 3 Jail for 'predator' who raped vulnerable woman in children's play park
- 4 ‘Shovel-ready’ mayor brings key schemes back from the brink
- 5 Threatening domestic abuser tracked and assaulted ex partner of 10 years
- 6 'Savage' attack left man without spleen
- 7 What are the outstanding and good schools in Cambridgeshire?
- 8 Cant's Drove loses 'worst road in the Fens' title
- 9 30,000 watch Facebook confrontation of alleged paedophile
- 10 7 of the most expensive houses on the market in Cambridgeshire right now
“We did win at March last year to seal the league title but will be keen not to repeat the failure to chase down March’s total earlier in 2013 at Harecroft Road.”