Wildcats purring after convincing derby day victory
- Credit: Wisbech Rugby Club
Wisbech Wildcats put in a performance to remember as they laid siege on their local rivals in the Eastern Counties League.
The Men in Red scored eight tries to beat March Bears 46-5 in Division Two West at Harecroft Road on Saturday.
After three unanswered tries, Wisbech continued to pressurise amid a mini comeback from the visitors to ram home five more tries, Jack Obey scoring a hat-trick.
Obey was one of several youngsters to shine for the hosts, including 18-year-old Luke Hare as well as veteran Skippy Parsons who won the Round Table man of the match award.
Head coach Gerhard Wessels said: “The boys went out there and they put our game on the park.
“They rode out some periods where we were under some heavy momentum from a spirited March side.”
Wildcats visit Newmarket 2nds on October 23, 3pm.
- 1 Man alleged to have kidnapped child sparks heavy police presence
- 2 Paddleboarder dies after getting into difficulty on river
- 3 Man, 37, named as A14 death crash victim
- 4 Chip shop’s new platter dish ‘The Great Gordon’ tribute to late founder
- 5 Two vehicles in ditches after crash on A141 between March and Guyhirn
- 6 Fraudster rented out homes for cannabis factories worth over £300k
- 7 ‘We should be offered compensation’ - Campaigner's plea to Steve Barclay
- 8 Health secretary to investigate financial redress for mesh-injured
- 9 Man who glassed another man in the head after a fight jailed
- 10 ‘Strange looking candy floss...’ seized during police patrol
Wisbech’s first team beat Woodbridge 63-12 in the London 3 Division on Saturday, George Overland named man of the match on his debut.
They go to Fakenham this Saturday.
*Wisbech Rugby Club’s age group sides have welcomed new players as they have returned to action against the likes of Deeping, Stamford and St Ives.
If you’re interested in joining or for more details, email: firstname.lastname@example.org.