Wisbech racer Giddings targeting top five Silverstone finish
- Credit: Archant
Wisbech racer Jake Giddings has a top five finish in his sights at Silverstone this weekend.
Off the back of a tremendous podium finish in the GT4 Class last time out at Rockingham, the 20-year-old Aston Martin V8 vantage driver and his JWB Motorsport team-mate Kieran Griffin are full of confidence heading into round four of the Avon Tyres British GT Championship season.
Giddings, who is fifth in the GT4 Championship, is under no illusions about the challenge which awaits from the three-hour Silverstone 500.
He said: “Rockingham was a great result, if a bit unexpected, so we need to keep our feet on the ground next weekend and just see where we end up.
“It’s going to be a very long race and a big challenge for Kieran, but we just need to keep out of trouble – like we did at Rockingham – and look after the car.
You may also want to watch:
“We’d love to be fighting for the podium again but if we aim for the top five it’d be a good result, that’s definitely realistic.
“So far this year Kieran and the team have done a great job, we’re all working well together and with my experience from last year we’re all moving in the right direction.”
- 1 Homes evacuated as FOUR gas leaks disrupt March
- 2 White van driver sought after Passat overturns
- 3 Hooded man exposes himself to two women
- 4 Club shuts its doors after illegal encampment spotted
- 5 Pub closes as owners decide not to sell
- 6 20 travelling families park illegally at rugby club
- 7 Pub car park approved despite 13 residents' noise concerns
- 8 Glamping site granted drinks licence despite neighbours' protests
- 9 Best is yet to come for March Town after successive league defeats
- 10 All roads reopened after gas leaks cause day of disruption