Wisbech racer Giddings targeting top five Silverstone finish
- Credit: Archant
Wisbech racer Jake Giddings has a top five finish in his sights at Silverstone this weekend.
Off the back of a tremendous podium finish in the GT4 Class last time out at Rockingham, the 20-year-old Aston Martin V8 vantage driver and his JWB Motorsport team-mate Kieran Griffin are full of confidence heading into round four of the Avon Tyres British GT Championship season.
Giddings, who is fifth in the GT4 Championship, is under no illusions about the challenge which awaits from the three-hour Silverstone 500.
He said: “Rockingham was a great result, if a bit unexpected, so we need to keep our feet on the ground next weekend and just see where we end up.
“It’s going to be a very long race and a big challenge for Kieran, but we just need to keep out of trouble – like we did at Rockingham – and look after the car.
You may also want to watch:
“We’d love to be fighting for the podium again but if we aim for the top five it’d be a good result, that’s definitely realistic.
“So far this year Kieran and the team have done a great job, we’re all working well together and with my experience from last year we’re all moving in the right direction.”
- 1 ‘You now have s**t on your face,’ objector to planning scheme told
- 2 Suspected drink-driver, 41, arrested after tip-off from resident
- 3 Man who died in road crash is named
- 4 Police thank eagle-eyed motorist for being ‘right place, right time’
- 5 DJ, 11, branded 'an inspiration' after winning top award
- 6 Suspected paedophile, 61, arrested in live Facebook video stream
- 7 Photographer amazed by praise thanks to stunning images of space
- 8 Reporter shares mid-treatment stages of teeth transformation
- 9 Entrepreneurs’ lockdown invention wins big at London competition
- 10 Man, 53, found in 'possession of knife' in Queensgate Shopping Centre