Wisbech Rugby Club continues search to find the next Jonny Wilkinson
WISBECH Rugby Club will continue their search to find the next Jonny Wilkinson on Sunday.
With the Rugby World Cup about to start in New Zealand, the Harecroft Road outfit will begin pre-season training for children aged six to 16.
More than 140 youngsters from the area played for the club’s numerous mini teams last season.
A club spokesman said: “The great thing about rugby is that it is a team sport and suits children of all sizes.
“There is a position to suit everyone in a rugby team. What we want most is commitment and determination – as a contact sport you need to be willing to get stuck in.
You may also want to watch:
“There is also the social side of rugby with players making new friends and joining in with the club’s social events, including trips to train and watch Aviva Premiership teams.”
The club has teams from under-7s to under-17s. Training begins at 10am. For more information visit www.wisbechrugby.com
- 1 Former Top Gear star Rory Reid spotted filming with Lamborghini
- 2 Chief executive takes 'personal oversight' of inquiry into deputy leader's farm tenancy
- 3 Rapist on bail performed magic tricks for police and security guard
- 4 Emergency services – including two air ambulances – rush to A10 crash
- 5 Homeless champion delighted as young couple finally have shelter
- 6 Jonathan Van Tam’s mum gets Covid-19 vaccination at Cambs clinic
- 7 Cops 'cash and carry' raid nets 108 cannabis plants and £100,000
- 8 Pedestrian dies crossing busy Cambridgeshire road
- 9 Care home 'requires improvement' after unannounced visit
- 10 'Not a sprint, a marathon' cautions NHS staff in the Fens