Wisbech Rugby Club continues search to find the next Jonny Wilkinson
WISBECH Rugby Club will continue their search to find the next Jonny Wilkinson on Sunday.
With the Rugby World Cup about to start in New Zealand, the Harecroft Road outfit will begin pre-season training for children aged six to 16.
More than 140 youngsters from the area played for the club’s numerous mini teams last season.
A club spokesman said: “The great thing about rugby is that it is a team sport and suits children of all sizes.
“There is a position to suit everyone in a rugby team. What we want most is commitment and determination – as a contact sport you need to be willing to get stuck in.
You may also want to watch:
“There is also the social side of rugby with players making new friends and joining in with the club’s social events, including trips to train and watch Aviva Premiership teams.”
The club has teams from under-7s to under-17s. Training begins at 10am. For more information visit www.wisbechrugby.com
- 1 ‘High risk’ paedophile had indecent images of children on his phone
- 2 Family remembers 'cheeky, friendly and well-liked' mechanic
- 3 Lack of public transport blamed for collapse of £10.5m training centre
- 4 Chatteris firm with £20m growth plan
- 5 Travellers move onto sports field forcing football to be cancelled
- 6 Hares hit five, Wisbech win, Whittlesey victorious as Drove triumph
- 7 It's a family affair as planners consider five luxury homes
- 8 Turners ‘massively impacted’ and Knowles up pay to hire HGV drivers
- 9 Police warn you may run but you can't hide from us
- 10 Three stores evacuated after suspect 'bomb scare'