Wisbech Rugby Club continues search to find the next Jonny Wilkinson
WISBECH Rugby Club will continue their search to find the next Jonny Wilkinson on Sunday.
With the Rugby World Cup about to start in New Zealand, the Harecroft Road outfit will begin pre-season training for children aged six to 16.
More than 140 youngsters from the area played for the club’s numerous mini teams last season.
A club spokesman said: “The great thing about rugby is that it is a team sport and suits children of all sizes.
“There is a position to suit everyone in a rugby team. What we want most is commitment and determination – as a contact sport you need to be willing to get stuck in.
You may also want to watch:
“There is also the social side of rugby with players making new friends and joining in with the club’s social events, including trips to train and watch Aviva Premiership teams.”
The club has teams from under-7s to under-17s. Training begins at 10am. For more information visit www.wisbechrugby.com
- 1 Bullying and insider trader claims pile up against former deputy leader
- 2 Police officer sacked for racially abusing colleague at Christmas party
- 3 Rural crime police recover dog in ‘poor state’ while on site check
- 4 Heated dining pod and covered decking area at restaurant after garden makeover
- 5 Fen farm on more than 200 acres of land up for sale for £2.2million
- 6 Police hunt homemade go-kart ‘causing anti-social behaviour’
- 7 Dramatic drop in face-to-face GP appointments
- 8 £1.5 million food store creates 12 jobs
- 9 Villagers stay strong to earn perfect post-lockdown record
- 10 Historian who wrote 126 books and spent 64 years bellringing dies aged 90