Wisbech Rugby Club crush March Bears in Easter friendly
- Credit: Archant
WISBECH Rugby Club II ran in 13 tries as they demolished local rivals March Bears 77-7 in a friendly.
The visitors started with intent, with Ed Thory crashing over in the corner before Tom Williams added a second try.
Tom Long then jinked his way past the March tacklers before scoring under the posts.
Gaelic footballer Dermot Raftery, playing only his second game of rugby, showed real pace bursting down the touchline to score in the corner.
Ed Thory added another try before vice-captain Josh Anderson crossed the line as Wisbech began to run riot.
You may also want to watch:
Towards the end of the half Jack Malkin snuck past some tackles to score another try and Wisbech went into half time 39-0 up.
In the second half March showed some resilience but captain Oliver Mackett capitalised on good work from Nathan Goodale to stroll over the try line.
- 1 Success after six year battle to get 21 homes approved on factory site
- 2 Man, 53, found in 'possession of knife' in Queensgate Shopping Centre
- 3 Suspected paedophile, 61, arrested in front of thousands on live video
- 4 Man who died in road crash is named
- 5 MP praises 'fantastic' vaccine team after having Covid-19 jab
- 6 Here are your winners of the Pride of Whittlesey awards
- 7 Letters: Mayor's tribute, poem for a pigeon and letter release refusal
- 8 Hundreds go bargain hunting in the sun at first car boot since lockdown
- 9 Matilda, 9, sold her dolls to raise money for charity close to her heart
- 10 Three derelict cottages ‘would make an ideal renovation project’
Full-back Ricky Harnwell then scored his first try in five years and Goodale showed his pace to add a try to the tally. Tight-head prop Reece Murdoch burst through and was able to step the March full-back to score and Robbie Brooks showed some real class with a diving finish to pile some more points to the Wisbech total.
March grabbed a consolation try before Wisbech’s Dan Roberts scored a try at the death to finish off a clinical performance.