Wisbech’s clash with rivals Ramsey falls foul of the weather
- Credit: Archant
Wisbech Town’s attempt to put one over rivals Ramsey was frustrated by the weather.
The visitors made a strong start in Saturday, with Sam Rippington striking twice against his former club to reduce Ramsey to 61-2 in the 19th over, but then the rain came, forcing the game to be abandoned.
The result means fourth place Wisbech remain one point behind Ramsey and 22 points behind leaders Godmanchester Town in the Tucker Gardner League.
Next up for Wisbech is a home game with mid-table Nassington on Saturday, which they will expect to win.
When the two sides met in April, Wisbech’s bowlers proved too hot to handle as they cruised to a seven wicket win.
You may also want to watch:
Rippington (4-22) and James Williams (4-21) skittled out Nassington for 104, which Wisbech knocked off with ease.
The club’s ground Harecroft Road will host Cambridgeshire’s three day Minor Counties Championship fixture with Lincolnshire from July 6- 8.
- 1 Homes evacuated as FOUR gas leaks disrupt March
- 2 All roads reopened after gas leaks cause day of disruption
- 3 Driver escapes injury after A14 lorry fire
- 4 20 travelling families park illegally at rugby club
- 5 Hauliers on how they are tackling the HGV driver shortage crisis
- 6 Police disrupt drug dealer's 'oven ready' cannabis stash
- 7 White van driver sought after Passat overturns
- 8 Family farmers win court case against oat milk giants
- 9 Hooded man exposes himself to two women
- 10 Pub closes as owners decide not to sell
Play will start at 11am and spectators are welcome. Parking is free.
Wisbech will also host Cambridgeshire under-17s two day fixture against Huntingdonshire on August 6-7.