Wisbech’s clash with rivals Ramsey falls foul of the weather
- Credit: Archant
Wisbech Town’s attempt to put one over rivals Ramsey was frustrated by the weather.
The visitors made a strong start in Saturday, with Sam Rippington striking twice against his former club to reduce Ramsey to 61-2 in the 19th over, but then the rain came, forcing the game to be abandoned.
The result means fourth place Wisbech remain one point behind Ramsey and 22 points behind leaders Godmanchester Town in the Tucker Gardner League.
Next up for Wisbech is a home game with mid-table Nassington on Saturday, which they will expect to win.
When the two sides met in April, Wisbech’s bowlers proved too hot to handle as they cruised to a seven wicket win.
Rippington (4-22) and James Williams (4-21) skittled out Nassington for 104, which Wisbech knocked off with ease.
The club’s ground Harecroft Road will host Cambridgeshire’s three day Minor Counties Championship fixture with Lincolnshire from July 6- 8.
- 1 Crews tackle blaze in Wisbech
- 2 Man assaulted woman and verbally abused hotel staff
- 3 Arson arrest after Wisbech blaze
- 4 Fenland man repeatedly raped woman for 20 years
- 5 Man charged following Peterborough murder
- 6 Honda, Seat and Toyota crash on A141
- 7 Domestic abuser tried to strangle and suffocate mother of his child
- 8 Clarion Housing ‘cyber incident’ affects thousands of tenants
- 9 Man dies after van and lorry crash on A141
- 10 Person hit by train between Manea and Peterborough
Play will start at 11am and spectators are welcome. Parking is free.
Wisbech will also host Cambridgeshire under-17s two day fixture against Huntingdonshire on August 6-7.