Wisbech’s clash with rivals Ramsey falls foul of the weather
- Credit: Archant
Wisbech Town’s attempt to put one over rivals Ramsey was frustrated by the weather.
The visitors made a strong start in Saturday, with Sam Rippington striking twice against his former club to reduce Ramsey to 61-2 in the 19th over, but then the rain came, forcing the game to be abandoned.
The result means fourth place Wisbech remain one point behind Ramsey and 22 points behind leaders Godmanchester Town in the Tucker Gardner League.
Next up for Wisbech is a home game with mid-table Nassington on Saturday, which they will expect to win.
When the two sides met in April, Wisbech’s bowlers proved too hot to handle as they cruised to a seven wicket win.
Rippington (4-22) and James Williams (4-21) skittled out Nassington for 104, which Wisbech knocked off with ease.
The club’s ground Harecroft Road will host Cambridgeshire’s three day Minor Counties Championship fixture with Lincolnshire from July 6- 8.
- 1 Michaela’s horrific ordeal: ‘My partner threatened to slit my throat and bury me alive’
- 2 Developer claims 109-home estate would be 'wholly appropriate'
- 3 Motorcyclist, 32, injured after A605 crash
- 4 Police shut off A605 after 'single vehicle' crash
- 5 Village life, magistrate in court for failing to clear snow and forced landing
- 6 How do Cambridgeshire Fens' Covid cases compare to November 2020 lockdown?
- 7 Prison for 'lavish lifestyle' drug dealer who hid £18k cash in sock drawer
- 8 Convenience store transformed thanks to £116k facelift
- 9 WATCH: Extinction Rebellion block Amazon warehouse
- 10 ‘We try to think outside the box’ - Alpacas pay a visit to care home
Play will start at 11am and spectators are welcome. Parking is free.
Wisbech will also host Cambridgeshire under-17s two day fixture against Huntingdonshire on August 6-7.