Wisbech’s four-time World Jet Ski champ Bushell bags fifth European crown
FOUR-TIME World Jet Ski champion James Bushell has added a fifth European Jet Ski title to his already packed trophy cabinet.
The 27-year-old from Wisbech tasted double success at the Belgian Jetsport Boating Federation (BJBF) European Championships winning the Prog P Class 2011 and the Runabout Stock Pro-am class.
Bushell, who races and works for 158 Performance from Tallington, fought off his nearest rival, Italian Guiseppe Greco, to clinch the Pro-am prize.
He was crowned European champion in the Run Pro GP 2011 European Championship after finishing the season with 173 points, seven ahead of Italy’s Fracasso Mattia. Belgium’s Grieten Benny finished in third on 134 points.
Matt Bullock, his business partner at 158, said: “James has done it again and we’re really proud of his achievements.
“It’s great for James and it’s fantastic for 158 to have a European champion on the team. It was great to see James turn up at our showroom in Tallington clutching the two trophies. He’s an amazing sportsman.”
Bushell will defend his World Jet Ski title in Arizona in October on his new state-of-the-art Sea-Doo RXPOX-260 machine.
- 1 Both drivers seriously injured after head on crash
- 2 Honda, Seat and Toyota crash on A141
- 3 Chapel conversion withdrawn following stinging rebuke
- 4 Doddington Minor Injuries Unit to temporarily close
- 5 Dealer responsible for £500k worth of drugs caught
- 6 Developer going flat out to convert former post office
- 7 Hospitals raise car parking costs for first time in six years
- 8 Captured Cambridgeshire man 'charged with mercenary activities' by Russia
- 9 Man charged with attempted murder as stab victim is found
- 10 Top roles confirmed at council owned housing firm
Bushell said; “The new machine is awesome and I’m confident of putting in a great show. It’s going to be tough but I’m hoping I can retain my world title.”