Wisbech’s four-time World Jet Ski champ Bushell bags fifth European crown
FOUR-TIME World Jet Ski champion James Bushell has added a fifth European Jet Ski title to his already packed trophy cabinet.
The 27-year-old from Wisbech tasted double success at the Belgian Jetsport Boating Federation (BJBF) European Championships winning the Prog P Class 2011 and the Runabout Stock Pro-am class.
Bushell, who races and works for 158 Performance from Tallington, fought off his nearest rival, Italian Guiseppe Greco, to clinch the Pro-am prize.
He was crowned European champion in the Run Pro GP 2011 European Championship after finishing the season with 173 points, seven ahead of Italy’s Fracasso Mattia. Belgium’s Grieten Benny finished in third on 134 points.
Matt Bullock, his business partner at 158, said: “James has done it again and we’re really proud of his achievements.
You may also want to watch:
“It’s great for James and it’s fantastic for 158 to have a European champion on the team. It was great to see James turn up at our showroom in Tallington clutching the two trophies. He’s an amazing sportsman.”
Bushell will defend his World Jet Ski title in Arizona in October on his new state-of-the-art Sea-Doo RXPOX-260 machine.
- 1 Lack of public transport blamed for collapse of £10.5m training centre
- 2 Family remembers 'cheeky, friendly and well-liked' mechanic
- 3 Diamond celebrations for former mayor and council chairman
- 4 Body found in Wisbech road
- 5 Travellers move onto sports field forcing football to be cancelled
- 6 Chatteris firm with £20m growth plan
- 7 ‘High risk’ paedophile had indecent images of children on his phone
- 8 Crash driver four and a half times over drink drive limit
- 9 Dogs to join hounds across the world in global walk
- 10 Tractor driver error may have caused freight derailment in the Fens
Bushell said; “The new machine is awesome and I’m confident of putting in a great show. It’s going to be tough but I’m hoping I can retain my world title.”