Wisbech school boy brings home two silver medals from Norfolk Open Taekwon-do Championships
- Credit: Archant
FIGHTING for the first time as an adult black belt, Wisbech teenager Stuart Murat brought home two silver medals at the weekend from the Norfolk Open Taekwon-do Championships.
The 17-year-old was pipped to the gold by Justin Grey, 41, from Downham Market in the Adult Black Belt Sparring and Adult Black Belt Patterns.
It was a close bout with Murat putting in an impressive performance but the vastly more experienced Gray came out on top on points.
Anthony Carter, Murat’s trainer, paid tribute to his young protege.
He said: “Stuart displayed a very high level of maturity and skill in both the patterns, which are very complex, and the sparring which was incredibly hard-fought.”
You may also want to watch:
Mr Carter runs Taekwon-do classes at the Hudson Sports Centre on Monday, Wednesday and Friday evenings between 6pm and 7pm.
Twelve youngsters and two more mature Taekwon-do beginners from his academy have recently made their respective grades.
- 1 Police forensics team begin search after death of woman in her 70s
- 2 Firefighters attempted to resuscitate suspected murder victim
- 3 Man arrested on suspicion of murder after death of woman in her 70s
- 4 Two boys, aged 12 and 14, arrested after 3am service station burglary
- 5 iPads and laptops stolen in school break-in
- 6 Class B drug factory discovered following British Gas search warrant
- 7 Pervert filmed himself having sex with girl, 14, and then shared video online
- 8 Defeated Tory hits out at ‘toxic brand’ and says ‘James Palmer had it coming’
- 9 MP Steve Barclay visits £14m A47 Guyhirn roundabout upgrade works
- 10 Drink-driver blows over four times legal limit after ‘booze and cruise’
They are Irmantas Ruzgys, Hagae Prince, Eimanatas Kaminskas, Vladislavs Cirkins, Arunas Judeikis, Daniil Liiskmaa, Hertonas Gaudutus, Artur Petrauskas, Daniel Simpson, Jack Browett, Erin Grocott and Vanessa Marcova.
The more mature successes are Karl Merritt and Sturat Prince.
The first lesson is free and people can just turn up and join in.
For further information contact Anthony Carter on 01366 387601 or 07768 634332. You can also email www.carterschooloftaekwondo.co.uk