Wisbech St Mary defender Danny Emmington seals King’s Lynn Town move
- Credit: Archant
King’s Lynn Town have signed defender Danny Emmington from Wisbech St Mary.
The versatile 21-year-old was snapped up by the Southern League Premier Division outfit after starting St Mary’s Thurlow Nunn Division One campaign in fine form.
Emmington found the net three times in the villagers’ opening seven games, drawing the attention of Linnets manager, Gary Setchell.
He told the club’s official website: “We have been tracking Danny for some time and keeping an eye on his progress.
“We are sure that Danny is capable of joining the talented players we have at the club.”
You may also want to watch:
Wisbech-born Emmington helped guide Arran Duke’s St Mary side to Step Six football for the first time in their history last season, and Duke says it’s no surprise that he has been picked up by a higher-level club.
“I’m really pleased for Danny,” he said. “It’s a fantastic opportunity for him to play at a higher level and I’m sure he will continue to impress.
- 1 Alternative banking available as local branch closes
- 2 Mother sends warning over 'disgraceful' care of six-year-old daughter
- 3 Pink Cadillacs, sports cars and a VW Beetle: Students arrive in style for their leavers' prom
- 4 Aquapark boss hits back at threat of enforcement
- 5 7 of the prettiest villages to visit in East Cambs and Fenland
- 6 Hospitals temporarily reintroduce restrictions for visitors
- 7 Students dare to dream of England Lionesses spot after trial success
- 8 March lorry and cyclist collision: Eye-witness saw ‘boy laid in the road’
- 9 AN APOLOGY: The Gables in Chatteris
- 10 Man killed in Estover Road motorbike crash named by police
“He’s been fantastic for us this season and it was only a matter of time until a club like King’s Lynn noticed him.
“He’s been a great servant to the club but he now has a new challenge and we wish him all the best.”
Emmington, who has also had spells at Wisbech Town and March Town, will be eligible to make his King’s Lynn debut in their FA Cup game against Brigg Town tomorrow.