Wisbech St Mary defender Danny Emmington seals King’s Lynn Town move
- Credit: Archant
King’s Lynn Town have signed defender Danny Emmington from Wisbech St Mary.
The versatile 21-year-old was snapped up by the Southern League Premier Division outfit after starting St Mary’s Thurlow Nunn Division One campaign in fine form.
Emmington found the net three times in the villagers’ opening seven games, drawing the attention of Linnets manager, Gary Setchell.
He told the club’s official website: “We have been tracking Danny for some time and keeping an eye on his progress.
“We are sure that Danny is capable of joining the talented players we have at the club.”
You may also want to watch:
Wisbech-born Emmington helped guide Arran Duke’s St Mary side to Step Six football for the first time in their history last season, and Duke says it’s no surprise that he has been picked up by a higher-level club.
“I’m really pleased for Danny,” he said. “It’s a fantastic opportunity for him to play at a higher level and I’m sure he will continue to impress.
- 1 Chief executive takes 'personal oversight' of inquiry into deputy leader's farm tenancy
- 2 Former Top Gear star Rory Reid spotted filming with Lamborghini
- 3 Rapist on bail performed magic tricks for police and security guard
- 4 Emergency services – including two air ambulances – rush to A10 crash
- 5 Cops 'cash and carry' raid nets 108 cannabis plants and £100,000
- 6 Jonathan Van Tam’s mum gets Covid-19 vaccination at Cambs clinic
- 7 Homeless champion delighted as young couple finally have shelter
- 8 Pedestrian dies crossing busy Cambridgeshire road
- 9 Care home 'requires improvement' after unannounced visit
- 10 Council books seven hotels and guest houses for homeless
“He’s been fantastic for us this season and it was only a matter of time until a club like King’s Lynn noticed him.
“He’s been a great servant to the club but he now has a new challenge and we wish him all the best.”
Emmington, who has also had spells at Wisbech Town and March Town, will be eligible to make his King’s Lynn debut in their FA Cup game against Brigg Town tomorrow.