Wisbech surge into Jaidka Cup final
- Credit: Archant
GARY Freear ripped through Castor’s batting line up to lead Wisbech into the Jaidka Cup final.
Wisbech batted first on a poor track and struggled to a modest 109-8 from their 20 overs.
But Freear grabbed impressive figures of 5-10 as Castor collapsed to 41 all out, losing by 68 runs.
He received excellent support from captain Alan Burton, who bagged 2-16, and Craig Johnson, whose 2-11 included his 500th wicket for the club.
Ufford Park host Bourne in the other semi final on Wednesday.
You may also want to watch:
The final is scheduled for Peterborough Town’s Bretton Gate ground on Wednesday June 26.
- 1 Owner's desperate plea - and £500 reward - to find missing dog
- 2 High life ends for Bentley owning drug dealer
- 3 Transgender rapist - with anatomy of a man- jailed for 15 years
- 4 'Bed-bound, my body felt exasperated' - reporter shares battle with Covid-19
- 5 MP visits hospital about to become centre of Covid-19 vaccine rollout
- 6 County cops issue more than 60 Covid fines since beginning of 2021
- 7 Coroner records Wisbech teenager’s death as suicide
- 8 Overgrown ditch ‘hasn’t been maintained for at least eight years’
- 9 Nitrous oxide canisters no laughing matter say Fenland police
- 10 Dad of two killed on Fen road