Wisbech surge into Jaidka Cup final
- Credit: Archant
GARY Freear ripped through Castor’s batting line up to lead Wisbech into the Jaidka Cup final.
Wisbech batted first on a poor track and struggled to a modest 109-8 from their 20 overs.
But Freear grabbed impressive figures of 5-10 as Castor collapsed to 41 all out, losing by 68 runs.
He received excellent support from captain Alan Burton, who bagged 2-16, and Craig Johnson, whose 2-11 included his 500th wicket for the club.
Ufford Park host Bourne in the other semi final on Wednesday.
You may also want to watch:
The final is scheduled for Peterborough Town’s Bretton Gate ground on Wednesday June 26.
- 1 Police officer sacked for racially abusing colleague at Christmas party
- 2 Bullying and insider trader claims pile up against former deputy leader
- 3 Historian who wrote 126 books and spent 64 years bellringing dies aged 90
- 4 BBC drama Casualty storyline to feature pelvic mesh implant scandal
- 5 Fen farm on more than 200 acres of land up for sale for £2.2million
- 6 Police hunt homemade go-kart ‘causing anti-social behaviour’
- 7 Rural crime police recover dog in ‘poor state’ while on site check
- 8 Trades group hears of alarming rise in shop worker abuse amid Covid
- 9 Heated dining pod and covered decking area at restaurant after garden makeover
- 10 Spectators to be 'kept well away' when 85m chimneys come down