Wisbech Team Hockey Club deliver coaching sessions to school to improve youngsters fitness
- Credit: Archant
Wisbech Town Hockey Club have teamed up with Peckover School and volunteer coaches are delivering an hours coaching each week to years three and four.
Local company Parkers of Wisbech is the first to support this idea and this week saw 59 pupils participate.
The session was described by the school as ‘fantastic’. WTHC coaches commented: “We got to work with a really great group of students.”
With the Ladies Hockey World Cup being held in London in July, and building on the success of the international sides from the Olympics, both the club and school are keen to increase participation in this sport to improve fitness in the community’s young people.
This programme will also give them access to opportunities to develop as players, coaches umpires and community volunteers!
You may also want to watch:
Junior players can join the club and take part in regular junior coaching from 9am - 10am each Saturday from September 8 until Easter.
The junior section will be running a registration event on August 18.
Please follow the club on Facebook and visit the website www.wtchc.co.uk
- 1 Vaccine roll-out begins, 12 hours a day, seven days a week
- 2 'Small number of Covid-19 deaths' at care home
- 3 Coronavirus test centre staff ‘receive abuse’ from angry motorists
- 4 Photographer captures the ‘sonic boom’ RAF Typhoon on camera
- 5 Tributes to 'loving, kind family man' and community stalwart
- 6 Minor injury unit closes to allow staff to respond to crisis in the community
- 7 Artist impressions of how Mepal will be transformed into a £6.5m crematorium
- 8 Pedestrian dies at scene of crash
- 9 Man guilty of murdering partner's baby son
- 10 Gin could be just the tonic needed for dilapidated farm buildings
Ladies Back to Hockey free events take place eVery Tuesday at the Harecroft Road Astroturf at 6.30pm. No previous experience required.