Wisbech Team Hockey Club deliver coaching sessions to school to improve youngsters fitness
- Credit: Archant
Wisbech Town Hockey Club have teamed up with Peckover School and volunteer coaches are delivering an hours coaching each week to years three and four.
Local company Parkers of Wisbech is the first to support this idea and this week saw 59 pupils participate.
The session was described by the school as ‘fantastic’. WTHC coaches commented: “We got to work with a really great group of students.”
With the Ladies Hockey World Cup being held in London in July, and building on the success of the international sides from the Olympics, both the club and school are keen to increase participation in this sport to improve fitness in the community’s young people.
This programme will also give them access to opportunities to develop as players, coaches umpires and community volunteers!
You may also want to watch:
Junior players can join the club and take part in regular junior coaching from 9am - 10am each Saturday from September 8 until Easter.
The junior section will be running a registration event on August 18.
Please follow the club on Facebook and visit the website www.wtchc.co.uk
- 1 ‘You now have s**t on your face,’ objector to planning scheme told
- 2 Man who died in road crash is named
- 3 Suspected paedophile, 61, arrested in live Facebook video stream
- 4 Man, 53, found in 'possession of knife' in Queensgate Shopping Centre
- 5 Reporter shares mid-treatment stages of teeth transformation
- 6 Success after six year battle to get 21 homes approved on factory site
- 7 Wright hopes overseas ace's return boosts March Town play-off hopes
- 8 Here are your winners of the Pride of Whittlesey awards
- 9 Hundreds go bargain hunting in the sun at first car boot since lockdown
- 10 Fen farm on more than 200 acres of land up for sale for £2.2million
Ladies Back to Hockey free events take place eVery Tuesday at the Harecroft Road Astroturf at 6.30pm. No previous experience required.