Bright starts help Wisbech Tennis Club toast double glory
- Credit: Wisbech Tennis Club
Wisbech Tennis Club toasted a double win for both their men’s and women’s sides in the North West Norfolk League.
The men’s team of Jay Cooper, Stuart Jupp, Roger Frusher and Hadleigh Osborn built on a bright start to win 6-2 at Burnham Market.
Jay and Roger teamed up to win 6-2, 7-5 against their opponents, before the pair of Stuart and Hadleigh stormed to a 6-3, 6-1 triumph.
It was the same outcome in the team’s second matches, where Jay and Roger cruised to a 6-0, 6-1 win while for Stuart and Hadleigh, it was perhaps a more competitive game that they won 1-6, 4-6.
As for the ladies ‘A’ team, they overcame Dersingham 5-3 away from home in Division Two.
You may also want to watch:
The pair of Wendy Cropp and Jane Page won 6-4, 6-3 in their first match, before clinching the second fixture 6-2, 6-1.
Sheila Hennessy and Jacqui West were beaten, however, with a narrow loss in a tiebreak proving key in their 4-6, 6-4, 6-7, 3-6 defeat.
- 1 AN APOLOGY: The Gables in Chatteris
- 2 Quiz-loving duo win BBC game show hosted by Bradley Walsh and Holly Willoughby
- 3 7 of the prettiest villages to visit in East Cambs and Fenland
- 4 Alternative banking available as local branch closes
- 5 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 6 Historic hotel opens doors after lockdown transformation
- 7 Pink Cadillacs, sports cars and a VW Beetle: Students arrive in style for their leavers' prom
- 8 9 never to be forgotten moments from Cambridgeshire politicians
- 9 Mother sends warning over 'disgraceful' care of six-year-old daughter
- 10 Aquapark boss hits back at threat of enforcement