Wisbech Town 3 - 1 Woodbridge Town
- Credit: Archant
WISBECH Town sprung into life in the second half to keep their promotion charge on course.
Visitors Woodbridge Town arrived late for the game and fielded an understrength side but the Fenman could not break them down in a frustrating first half.
Wisbech took the lead after 53 minutes through Joe Jackson, who put away a cross from the left.
But ten minutes later Woodbridge Town drew level.
Wisbech restored their lead through an unlikely source.
You may also want to watch:
Stacy Cartwright, who had yet to score since he joined the club in September 2010, found the net.
In injury time Chris Bacon finished off a counter attack to secure an important three points.
- 1 Mother sends warning over 'disgraceful' care of six-year-old daughter
- 2 Students dare to dream of England Lionesses spot after trial success
- 3 Aquapark boss hits back at threat of enforcement
- 4 7 of the prettiest villages to visit in East Cambs and Fenland
- 5 Two drink drivers lose their licences
- 6 Man killed in Estover Road motorbike crash named by police
- 7 Alternative banking available as local branch closes
- 8 March lorry and cyclist collision: Eye-witness saw ‘boy laid in the road’
- 9 Hospitals temporarily reintroduce restrictions for visitors
- 10 Live updates as cyclist is ‘hit by lorry’ near March secondary school
Leaders Dereham edged past Haverhill Rovers so the gap between the two sides remains four points.
Wisbech, who sit second in the Thurlow Nunn Premier Division, are on the road for their next two games.
They travel to Hadleigh on Saturday before Tuesday’s top of the table tussle with Dereham.