Wisbech Town 3 - 1 Woodbridge Town
- Credit: Archant
WISBECH Town sprung into life in the second half to keep their promotion charge on course.
Visitors Woodbridge Town arrived late for the game and fielded an understrength side but the Fenman could not break them down in a frustrating first half.
Wisbech took the lead after 53 minutes through Joe Jackson, who put away a cross from the left.
But ten minutes later Woodbridge Town drew level.
Wisbech restored their lead through an unlikely source.
Stacy Cartwright, who had yet to score since he joined the club in September 2010, found the net.
In injury time Chris Bacon finished off a counter attack to secure an important three points.
- 1 Man taken to hospital with serious injuries after B1098 crash
- 2 Multiple emergency services at scene after B1098 crash
- 3 Cambridgeshire individual diagnosed with Covid-19 Omicron variant
- 4 Four charged with modern slavery crimes on one woman
- 5 Trainspotters catch Duchess of Sutherland whistling through Fens
- 6 Tributes paid to 'beloved husband' killed crossing road
- 7 Man who died in St Neots crash is named
- 8 Dental practice plan move to business park
- 9 Woman in court over town pub burglary
- 10 When are Royal Mail's last posting dates for Christmas 2021?
Leaders Dereham edged past Haverhill Rovers so the gap between the two sides remains four points.
Wisbech, who sit second in the Thurlow Nunn Premier Division, are on the road for their next two games.
They travel to Hadleigh on Saturday before Tuesday’s top of the table tussle with Dereham.