Wisbech Town 3 - 1 Woodbridge Town
- Credit: Archant
WISBECH Town sprung into life in the second half to keep their promotion charge on course.
Visitors Woodbridge Town arrived late for the game and fielded an understrength side but the Fenman could not break them down in a frustrating first half.
Wisbech took the lead after 53 minutes through Joe Jackson, who put away a cross from the left.
But ten minutes later Woodbridge Town drew level.
Wisbech restored their lead through an unlikely source.
You may also want to watch:
Stacy Cartwright, who had yet to score since he joined the club in September 2010, found the net.
In injury time Chris Bacon finished off a counter attack to secure an important three points.
- 1 Suspected paedophile, 61, arrested in front of thousands on live video
- 2 Bullying and insider trader claims pile up against former deputy leader
- 3 Hundreds go bargain hunting in the sun at first car boot since lockdown
- 4 Three derelict cottages ‘would make an ideal renovation project’
- 5 Residents urged to take twice-weekly rapid Covid-19 tests
- 6 Empty Wisbech shop earmarked for slots and bingo
- 7 Cheers! Busy first weekend back for pub post-lockdown
- 8 Dramatic drop in face-to-face GP appointments
- 9 High Sheriff of Cambridgeshire honoured with new role
- 10 Fen farm on more than 200 acres of land up for sale for £2.2million
Leaders Dereham edged past Haverhill Rovers so the gap between the two sides remains four points.
Wisbech, who sit second in the Thurlow Nunn Premier Division, are on the road for their next two games.
They travel to Hadleigh on Saturday before Tuesday’s top of the table tussle with Dereham.