Wisbech Town 3 - 1 Woodbridge Town
- Credit: Archant
WISBECH Town sprung into life in the second half to keep their promotion charge on course.
Visitors Woodbridge Town arrived late for the game and fielded an understrength side but the Fenman could not break them down in a frustrating first half.
Wisbech took the lead after 53 minutes through Joe Jackson, who put away a cross from the left.
But ten minutes later Woodbridge Town drew level.
Wisbech restored their lead through an unlikely source.
You may also want to watch:
Stacy Cartwright, who had yet to score since he joined the club in September 2010, found the net.
In injury time Chris Bacon finished off a counter attack to secure an important three points.
- 1 Transgender rapist - with anatomy of a man- jailed for 15 years
- 2 MP visits hospital about to become centre of Covid-19 vaccine rollout
- 3 Owner's desperate plea - and £500 reward - to find missing dog
- 4 Rugby club fears vendetta after vandals strike again
- 5 Nitrous oxide canisters no laughing matter say Fenland police
- 6 Ditch crash victim seriously injured
- 7 'Big red key' used by cops in dawn raid on suspected drug dealers
- 8 Vaccine roll-out begins, 12 hours a day, seven days a week
- 9 Homes 'siloed on edge of village like old-style council estate'
- 10 'Small number of Covid-19 deaths' at care home
Leaders Dereham edged past Haverhill Rovers so the gap between the two sides remains four points.
Wisbech, who sit second in the Thurlow Nunn Premier Division, are on the road for their next two games.
They travel to Hadleigh on Saturday before Tuesday’s top of the table tussle with Dereham.