Wisbech Town accepted into UCL
- Credit: Archant
WISBECH Town will be playing in the Chromasport & Trophies UCL Premier Division next season.
The club’s application was approved by the FA yesterday.
The Fenmen previously played in the Thurlow Nunn Premier Division.
Teams who play in the UCL include Spalding UTD, Huntingdon United and Peterborough Northern Star.
Manager Steve Appleby said: “Moving into the UCL will provide a fresh challenge for myself and the lads after the disappointment of missing out on promotion - and it’s a challenge we will relish.
You may also want to watch:
“People will have high expectations of us and I’m sure other teams will raise their game when facing us.
“We will have a job on our hands as there are already half-a-dozen big clubs in the UCL, but I know what to expect.
- 1 Rapist on bail performed magic tricks for police and security guard
- 2 Max and Chloe become pioneers of community housing success in Cambs village
- 3 Welcome to Whittlesey - the new UK hotspot for kite surfing?
- 4 Care home 'requires improvement' after unannounced visit
- 5 Transgender rapist - with anatomy of a man- jailed for 15 years
- 6 Crash boy's mum says he's 'badly shaken but OK'
- 7 Chief executive takes 'personal oversight' of inquiry into deputy leader's farm tenancy
- 8 Former Top Gear star Rory Reid spotted filming with Lamborghini
- 9 Covid-19 numbers in Fenland higher than rest of county
- 10 Council books seven hotels and guest houses for homeless
“The UCL tends to be more physical than the Thurlow Nunn League where a lot of teams try to play football from the back.
“I’ll set out to win the league just as I do every season but a top-five finish will be realistically be a good effort in our first season.”
One player who may not be part of Wisbech’s UCL challenge next season is striker Joe Jackson, who is looking to return to Swaffham Town.