Wisbech Town and March Town United get home FA Cup ties
FENLAND’S two top football teams have been given home draws in the extra preliminary round of this year’s FA Cup after the fixtures were released today.
Ridgeon’s Premier League side Wisbech Town have been given a home tie against St Andrew’s of Leicestershire.
March Town United, however, host familiar opposition in the form of fellow Ridgeon’s Division One side Gorleston.
Both ties take place on Saturday August 14.
The fixtures for the FA Vase first qualifying round were also revealed today. Wisbech face a trip to Stewarts & Lloyds Corby and March will host Daventry United at the GER.
You may also want to watch:
Those fixtures take place on Saturday September 4.
- 1 BBC drama Casualty storyline to feature pelvic mesh implant scandal
- 2 Long-serving work couple leaving Fens for Nigeria to build care home
- 3 Cheers to that! Businesses reopen as lockdown restrictions ease
- 4 Woman threatened for not wearing mask describes fear for safety
- 5 Aldi invites the public to share their views on new Whittlesey store
- 6 Burglar's DNA linked to break in at Ramsey Royal British Legion Club
- 7 Primary school joins laureate's £100m-a-year bid to boost libraries
- 8 Spectators to be 'kept well away' when 85m chimneys come down
- 9 Council removes anti-Semitic graffiti in Ely
- 10 March Town United in line for promotion after FA decide to restructure non-league pyramid