Wisbech Town and March Town United get home FA Cup ties
FENLAND’S two top football teams have been given home draws in the extra preliminary round of this year’s FA Cup after the fixtures were released today.
Ridgeon’s Premier League side Wisbech Town have been given a home tie against St Andrew’s of Leicestershire.
March Town United, however, host familiar opposition in the form of fellow Ridgeon’s Division One side Gorleston.
Both ties take place on Saturday August 14.
The fixtures for the FA Vase first qualifying round were also revealed today. Wisbech face a trip to Stewarts & Lloyds Corby and March will host Daventry United at the GER.
Those fixtures take place on Saturday September 4.
- 1 Boxing club 'absolutely gutted' as mass brawl abandons show
- 2 One arrest and cars seized on busy day for cops
- 3 Wenny Meadow home to rare 'false scorpions', says hidden report
- 4 Mother pays tribute to “much-loved” son who died near Fen Drayton
- 5 Robber attempts to steal scratch card and alcohol from convenience store
- 6 Cambridgeshire's Enhanced Area Status extended amid Covid surge in schools
- 7 Items from Lidl and Sainsbury's recalled over health and safety concerns
- 8 Cambridgeshire individual diagnosed with Covid-19 Omicron variant
- 9 Motorbike set on fire in arson attack
- 10 Man taken to hospital with serious injuries after B1098 crash