Wisbech Town and March Town United get home FA Cup ties
FENLAND’S two top football teams have been given home draws in the extra preliminary round of this year’s FA Cup after the fixtures were released today.
Ridgeon’s Premier League side Wisbech Town have been given a home tie against St Andrew’s of Leicestershire.
March Town United, however, host familiar opposition in the form of fellow Ridgeon’s Division One side Gorleston.
Both ties take place on Saturday August 14.
The fixtures for the FA Vase first qualifying round were also revealed today. Wisbech face a trip to Stewarts & Lloyds Corby and March will host Daventry United at the GER.
You may also want to watch:
Those fixtures take place on Saturday September 4.
- 1 Rapist on bail performed magic tricks for police and security guard
- 2 Jonathan Van Tam’s mum gets Covid-19 vaccination at Cambs clinic
- 3 Care home 'requires improvement' after unannounced visit
- 4 Former Top Gear star Rory Reid spotted filming with Lamborghini
- 5 Emergency services – including two air ambulances – rush to A10 crash
- 6 Biggest village in Cambridgeshire to get even bigger
- 7 'Not a sprint, a marathon' cautions NHS staff in the Fens
- 8 Pedestrian dies crossing busy Cambridgeshire road
- 9 Crossing company praised for using local workers and suppliers
- 10 Man sentenced for carrying knife after 'someone threatened'