Wisbech Town boss Creasey impressed by new signing Beaumont
- Credit: IAN BURT
Boss Dick Creasey feels he saw enough from Danny Beaumont’s debut to prove the frontman is hungry to be a hit at Wisbech Town.
The new recruit netted a sensational volley during the Fenmen’s 2-1 win against his former club King’s Lynn Town last week. But it was the 25-year-old’s overall performance and work-rate which pleased Creasey the most.
The Wisbech manager said of the player he signed from higher-level Dereham Town: “Danny did well. To be fair to the lad we put him up front on his own, which is something I don’t like doing really, but it was because of several reasons.
“Danny hadn’t met the lads as he’d been on holiday so he hadn’t had a training session with them. And he came in and he worked his socks off for 90 minutes, which is what we wanted out of him.
“Adam Millsom landed back in England that morning and put a good shift in, which was pleasing. Stacy Cartwright did well and he’s only had one session. He’s put a couple of three pounds on but we’ll get that off him before the start of the season.”
Summer arrival Josh Ford missed the victory but should be in line to feature during Wisbech’s next pre-season game at home to Colney Heath on Saturday.
And the striker may not be the last new face to pull on the club’s red shirt in the next few weeks.
- 1 Developer claims 109-home estate would be 'wholly appropriate'
- 2 How do Cambridgeshire Fens' Covid cases compare to November 2020 lockdown?
- 3 Prison for 'lavish lifestyle' drug dealer who hid £18k cash in sock drawer
- 4 Motorcyclist, 32, injured after A605 crash
- 5 Convenience store transformed thanks to £116k facelift
- 6 ‘We try to think outside the box’ - Alpacas pay a visit to care home
- 7 WATCH: Extinction Rebellion block Amazon warehouse
- 8 Best Indian in CAMBRIDGESHIRE even though award says best in NORFOLK
- 9 Police shut off A605 after 'single vehicle' crash
- 10 Driver escapes injury after car hits wall
Creasey, who signed 18-year-old attacking midfielder Fraser Bayliss from Holbeach United after he impressed against Lynn, said: “I still think I’m probably looking to make another signing before the season starts – if the right person comes along and is available. It’s what I’ve said for the last few weeks.”