Wisbech Town breeze into Cambs Invitation Cup quarters as March Town United crash out
WISBECH Town sailed into the Cambs Invitation Cup Quarter-Finals after thumping Littleport Town 5-0 last night.
Nick Davey bagged a hat-trick as Steve Appleby’s Fenmen made light work of Kershaw Premier League Littleport Town - who compete two levels below Wisbech.
A goal from Ollie Gale and a Callum Reed penalty sealed the Fenmen’s comfortable win while 16-year-old striker Danny Emmington impressed on his first team debut.
Elsewhere, March Town United were thumped 5-1 at Soham Town Rangers despite vastly improving on their weekend display which resulted in a 2-0 league defeat at Long Melford.
Ex-March winger Denny Escorcio came back to haunt his old side - who play two levels below Soham - by bagging a brace. Stu Anderson scored for the Hares.
You may also want to watch:
Wisbech return to action when they host Walsham-le-Willows in the FA Vase First Round on Saturday while March entertain Debenham LC in a Ridgeons First Division clash. Both kick-offs are at 3pm.
- 1 Man, 53, found in 'possession of knife' in Queensgate Shopping Centre
- 2 Success after six year battle to get 21 homes approved on factory site
- 3 Suspected paedophile, 61, arrested in front of thousands on live video
- 4 MP praises 'fantastic' vaccine team after having Covid-19 jab
- 5 Here are your winners of the Pride of Whittlesey awards
- 6 Hundreds go bargain hunting in the sun at first car boot since lockdown
- 7 Letters: Mayor's tribute, poem for a pigeon and letter release refusal
- 8 Three derelict cottages ‘would make an ideal renovation project’
- 9 Bullying and insider trader claims pile up against former deputy leader
- 10 Matilda, 9, sold her dolls to raise money for charity close to her heart