Wisbech Town breeze into Cambs Invitation Cup quarters as March Town United crash out
WISBECH Town sailed into the Cambs Invitation Cup Quarter-Finals after thumping Littleport Town 5-0 last night.
Nick Davey bagged a hat-trick as Steve Appleby’s Fenmen made light work of Kershaw Premier League Littleport Town - who compete two levels below Wisbech.
A goal from Ollie Gale and a Callum Reed penalty sealed the Fenmen’s comfortable win while 16-year-old striker Danny Emmington impressed on his first team debut.
Elsewhere, March Town United were thumped 5-1 at Soham Town Rangers despite vastly improving on their weekend display which resulted in a 2-0 league defeat at Long Melford.
Ex-March winger Denny Escorcio came back to haunt his old side - who play two levels below Soham - by bagging a brace. Stu Anderson scored for the Hares.
Wisbech return to action when they host Walsham-le-Willows in the FA Vase First Round on Saturday while March entertain Debenham LC in a Ridgeons First Division clash. Both kick-offs are at 3pm.
- 1 Boxing club 'absolutely gutted' as mass brawl abandons show
- 2 Live music, over 100 stalls and fair rides as Christmas market returns
- 3 Thief will spend Christmas in prison after breaching court order
- 4 Grandmother paralysed by Covid slowly improving, judge told
- 5 Owner left excited as town's 'heirloom' features on I'm A Celebrity trial
- 6 One arrest and cars seized on busy day for cops
- 7 Horse rider injured in crash on Ramsey Road in Warboys
- 8 Drug dealers operating the ‘Marlo’ and ‘Star’ lines have been jailed
- 9 Staff threatened with sledgehammer in armed robbery at St Neots jewellers
- 10 Rail passengers urged to plan ahead of vital junction rebuild