Wisbech Town breeze into Cambs Invitation Cup quarters as March Town United crash out
WISBECH Town sailed into the Cambs Invitation Cup Quarter-Finals after thumping Littleport Town 5-0 last night.
Nick Davey bagged a hat-trick as Steve Appleby’s Fenmen made light work of Kershaw Premier League Littleport Town - who compete two levels below Wisbech.
A goal from Ollie Gale and a Callum Reed penalty sealed the Fenmen’s comfortable win while 16-year-old striker Danny Emmington impressed on his first team debut.
Elsewhere, March Town United were thumped 5-1 at Soham Town Rangers despite vastly improving on their weekend display which resulted in a 2-0 league defeat at Long Melford.
Ex-March winger Denny Escorcio came back to haunt his old side - who play two levels below Soham - by bagging a brace. Stu Anderson scored for the Hares.
You may also want to watch:
Wisbech return to action when they host Walsham-le-Willows in the FA Vase First Round on Saturday while March entertain Debenham LC in a Ridgeons First Division clash. Both kick-offs are at 3pm.
- 1 Homes evacuated as FOUR gas leaks disrupt March
- 2 All roads reopened after gas leaks cause day of disruption
- 3 30 firefighters tackle A14 lorry blaze
- 4 20 travelling families park illegally at rugby club
- 5 Hauliers on how they are tackling the HGV driver shortage crisis
- 6 Police disrupt drug dealer's 'oven ready' cannabis stash
- 7 White van driver sought after Passat overturns
- 8 Family farmers win court case against oat milk giants
- 9 Hooded man exposes himself to two women
- 10 Pub closes as owners decide not to sell