Wisbech Town breeze into Cambs Invitation Cup quarters as March Town United crash out
WISBECH Town sailed into the Cambs Invitation Cup Quarter-Finals after thumping Littleport Town 5-0 last night.
Nick Davey bagged a hat-trick as Steve Appleby’s Fenmen made light work of Kershaw Premier League Littleport Town - who compete two levels below Wisbech.
A goal from Ollie Gale and a Callum Reed penalty sealed the Fenmen’s comfortable win while 16-year-old striker Danny Emmington impressed on his first team debut.
Elsewhere, March Town United were thumped 5-1 at Soham Town Rangers despite vastly improving on their weekend display which resulted in a 2-0 league defeat at Long Melford.
Ex-March winger Denny Escorcio came back to haunt his old side - who play two levels below Soham - by bagging a brace. Stu Anderson scored for the Hares.
You may also want to watch:
Wisbech return to action when they host Walsham-le-Willows in the FA Vase First Round on Saturday while March entertain Debenham LC in a Ridgeons First Division clash. Both kick-offs are at 3pm.
- 1 High life ends for Bentley owning drug dealer
- 2 Neighbours want council to call time on off-licence
- 3 Man who spent Christmas alone in intensive care proposes to girlfriend
- 4 Fishing park owners await green light to open third lake
- 5 Transgender rapist - with anatomy of a man- jailed for 15 years
- 6 Nitrous oxide canisters no laughing matter say Fenland police
- 7 Driver bids to drift towards fruitful career with national success
- 8 Ever get that sinking feeling?
- 9 'Sorry for any delay' but we're getting there says vaccine rollout manager
- 10 County cops issue more than 60 Covid fines since beginning of 2021