Wisbech Town closing in on ‘higher level’ midfielder, assistant boss Dear reveals
WISBECH Town are closing in on signing a midfielder who has played at a higher level, assistant manager Chris Dear revealed today.
The Fenmen suffered a double blow this week as striker Scott Ginty snubbed them in favour of a move to Bishop’s Stortford and midfield talent Sam Murphy agreed to join Peterborough Northern Star.
But Dear, who returned to join Steve Appleby and Darren Jimson in the Wisbech dugout last week, said there were other “irons in the fire”.
He said: “I’ve been talking to a midfielder all week. He is a midfielder who has played at a higher level and passes the ball for fun.
“We are close to bringing him in and we will see what happens when Apps (Appleby) returns from holiday.”
You may also want to watch:
• For all the latest news on the Fenmen see the Wisbech Standard.
- 1 Spectators to be 'kept well away' when 85m chimneys come down
- 2 Residents escape kitchen fire after bank holiday blaze
- 3 Fenland line-up for Cambridgeshire elections
- 4 Retrospective bid for travellers' site
- 5 Council road sweeper vehicle involved in collision with car
- 6 Videographer captures lifeboat hoist at town boatyard
- 7 Former homeless recreate ‘Lunch atop a Skyscraper’ photograph
- 8 Person hit by train between Cambridge and Ely
- 9 12 exciting new businesses to discover when lockdown restrictions ease
- 10 Cash machine grabbed in East Cambs ram raid