Wisbech Town closing in on ‘higher level’ midfielder, assistant boss Dear reveals
WISBECH Town are closing in on signing a midfielder who has played at a higher level, assistant manager Chris Dear revealed today.
The Fenmen suffered a double blow this week as striker Scott Ginty snubbed them in favour of a move to Bishop’s Stortford and midfield talent Sam Murphy agreed to join Peterborough Northern Star.
But Dear, who returned to join Steve Appleby and Darren Jimson in the Wisbech dugout last week, said there were other “irons in the fire”.
He said: “I’ve been talking to a midfielder all week. He is a midfielder who has played at a higher level and passes the ball for fun.
“We are close to bringing him in and we will see what happens when Apps (Appleby) returns from holiday.”
You may also want to watch:
• For all the latest news on the Fenmen see the Wisbech Standard.
- 1 Recycling firm goes bust ahead of £55,000 court fines and costs
- 2 'Numerous cars' in roundabout crash
- 3 Lidl lists Cambridgeshire locations for ‘potential store development’
- 4 Man hails social media after finding stolen dumper in under 48 hours
- 5 Woman escapes unharmed after car and bus B1101 crash
- 6 ‘I’m tired of being fobbed off’ says customer of Wisbech builder
- 7 Plans for multi-million pound training school given green light
- 8 Spotted in Ely founder Mark Cooney dies
- 9 Mum's donation to thank 'incredible' midwives and maternity staff
- 10 Man, aged in his 40s, dies after suspected drug-fuelled B1101 crash