Wisbech Town closing in on ‘higher level’ midfielder, assistant boss Dear reveals
WISBECH Town are closing in on signing a midfielder who has played at a higher level, assistant manager Chris Dear revealed today.
The Fenmen suffered a double blow this week as striker Scott Ginty snubbed them in favour of a move to Bishop’s Stortford and midfield talent Sam Murphy agreed to join Peterborough Northern Star.
But Dear, who returned to join Steve Appleby and Darren Jimson in the Wisbech dugout last week, said there were other “irons in the fire”.
He said: “I’ve been talking to a midfielder all week. He is a midfielder who has played at a higher level and passes the ball for fun.
“We are close to bringing him in and we will see what happens when Apps (Appleby) returns from holiday.”
You may also want to watch:
• For all the latest news on the Fenmen see the Wisbech Standard.
- 1 Woman killed and four hospitalised after crash
- 2 The Great British Sunday is a rush to the pumps not the piers
- 3 Pair questioned amid probe into catalytic converter thefts
- 4 Rings End A141 closed after three vehicle collision
- 5 'Emotional' quartet complete 10k for villager Paul
- 6 Victim left with serious injuries after McDonald's car park attack
- 7 Man arrested after suspected drink or drug-fuelled A141 crash
- 8 Youth with 'police style baton' caught out by CCTV
- 9 Pictures show cars - including Tesco delivery vans - queued at fuel pumps
- 10 Ledger discovery affords a glimpse of Victorian travel