Wisbech Town come from behind to end Jockeys’ league cup ride
WISBECH Town came from behind to see off Thurlow Nunn First Division high-flyers Newmarket Town 3-1 in the league cup last night.
The Jockeys have been unbeaten in the league this year and they went ahead after just 16 minutes at the Elgood’s Fenland Stadium.
But the Fenmen were on an eight-game unbeaten run of their own and Dubi Ogbonna’s deflected free-kick quickly drew them level.
Steve Appleby’s side took control after the break and Adam Millson continued his impressive goal-scoring run by nodding them ahead in the 57th minute.
The Red Insure Cup first round win was eventually sealed in the 87th minute when Toby Ogbonna joined his older brother on the scoresheet.
You may also want to watch:
The Fenmen host CRC in the Thurlow Nunn Premier Division on Saturday.
- 1 It's a family affair as planners consider five luxury homes
- 2 Three stores evacuated after suspect 'bomb scare'
- 3 Turners ‘massively impacted’ and Knowles up pay to hire HGV drivers
- 4 Police warn you may run but you can't hide from us
- 5 Travellers move onto sports field forcing football to be cancelled
- 6 ‘High risk’ paedophile had indecent images of children on his phone
- 7 Family remembers 'cheeky, friendly and well-liked' mechanic
- 8 Hares hit five, Wisbech win, Whittlesey victorious as Drove triumph
- 9 Chatteris firm with £20m growth plan
- 10 Lack of public transport blamed for collapse of £10.5m training centre