Wisbech Town come from behind to end Jockeys’ league cup ride
WISBECH Town came from behind to see off Thurlow Nunn First Division high-flyers Newmarket Town 3-1 in the league cup last night.
The Jockeys have been unbeaten in the league this year and they went ahead after just 16 minutes at the Elgood’s Fenland Stadium.
But the Fenmen were on an eight-game unbeaten run of their own and Dubi Ogbonna’s deflected free-kick quickly drew them level.
Steve Appleby’s side took control after the break and Adam Millson continued his impressive goal-scoring run by nodding them ahead in the 57th minute.
The Red Insure Cup first round win was eventually sealed in the 87th minute when Toby Ogbonna joined his older brother on the scoresheet.
You may also want to watch:
The Fenmen host CRC in the Thurlow Nunn Premier Division on Saturday.
- 1 MP visits hospital about to become centre of Covid-19 vaccine rollout
- 2 Transgender rapist - with anatomy of a man- jailed for 15 years
- 3 'Big red key' used by cops in dawn raid on suspected drug dealers
- 4 Ditch crash victim seriously injured
- 5 Vaccine roll-out begins, 12 hours a day, seven days a week
- 6 Homes 'siloed on edge of village like old-style council estate'
- 7 Council offers reserved parking for elderly heading for Covid jab
- 8 Artist impressions of how Mepal will be transformed into a £6.5m crematorium
- 9 'Small number of Covid-19 deaths' at care home
- 10 Coronavirus test centre staff ‘receive abuse’ from angry motorists