Wisbech Town come from behind to end Jockeys’ league cup ride
WISBECH Town came from behind to see off Thurlow Nunn First Division high-flyers Newmarket Town 3-1 in the league cup last night.
The Jockeys have been unbeaten in the league this year and they went ahead after just 16 minutes at the Elgood’s Fenland Stadium.
But the Fenmen were on an eight-game unbeaten run of their own and Dubi Ogbonna’s deflected free-kick quickly drew them level.
Steve Appleby’s side took control after the break and Adam Millson continued his impressive goal-scoring run by nodding them ahead in the 57th minute.
The Red Insure Cup first round win was eventually sealed in the 87th minute when Toby Ogbonna joined his older brother on the scoresheet.
You may also want to watch:
The Fenmen host CRC in the Thurlow Nunn Premier Division on Saturday.
- 1 Suspected paedophile, 61, arrested in front of thousands on live video
- 2 Bullying and insider trader claims pile up against former deputy leader
- 3 Hundreds go bargain hunting in the sun at first car boot since lockdown
- 4 Three derelict cottages ‘would make an ideal renovation project’
- 5 Residents urged to take twice-weekly rapid Covid-19 tests
- 6 Empty Wisbech shop earmarked for slots and bingo
- 7 Cheers! Busy first weekend back for pub post-lockdown
- 8 Dramatic drop in face-to-face GP appointments
- 9 High Sheriff of Cambridgeshire honoured with new role
- 10 Fen farm on more than 200 acres of land up for sale for £2.2million