Wisbech town councillors are head over heels for the Fenland Gymnastics Academy.
- Credit: Archant
A round of applause was given to a gymnastics club after one of the instructors gave a talk about their medal-scooping youngsters during a meeting of Wisbech town councillors.
Claire Stock, of Fenland Gymnastics Academy, spoke about the amazing achievements of the young people who train hard to win medals in competitions across the country.
Clerk Terry Jordan said: “Councillors were absolutely amazed. Here is a club achieving great things in the town and most of our councillors knew nothing about it.
“We were so impressed by the hard work and determination of this club. The positivity for the town is outstanding.
“The presentation earned a well deserved round of applause.”
You may also want to watch:
The academy is hoping to expand and is looking for land where a new purpose built academy can be developed.
In the last year young gymnasts have competed at the Europeans invitational competition, represented Cambridgeshire in the East Region level four inter-county teams competition county championships, the Quatro Cup in Wiltshire and in September picked up a stunning medal haul at the Cambridgeshire county championships in Huntingdon where nine girls came home with 31 medals and two trophies between them.
- 1 ‘You now have s**t on your face,’ objector to planning scheme told
- 2 Suspected drink-driver, 41, arrested after tip-off from resident
- 3 Man who died in road crash is named
- 4 Police thank eagle-eyed motorist for being ‘right place, right time’
- 5 DJ, 11, branded 'an inspiration' after winning top award
- 6 Suspected paedophile, 61, arrested in live Facebook video stream
- 7 Photographer amazed by praise thanks to stunning images of space
- 8 Reporter shares mid-treatment stages of teeth transformation
- 9 Entrepreneurs’ lockdown invention wins big at London competition
- 10 Man, 53, found in 'possession of knife' in Queensgate Shopping Centre