Wisbech town councillors are head over heels for the Fenland Gymnastics Academy.
- Credit: Archant
A round of applause was given to a gymnastics club after one of the instructors gave a talk about their medal-scooping youngsters during a meeting of Wisbech town councillors.
Claire Stock, of Fenland Gymnastics Academy, spoke about the amazing achievements of the young people who train hard to win medals in competitions across the country.
Clerk Terry Jordan said: “Councillors were absolutely amazed. Here is a club achieving great things in the town and most of our councillors knew nothing about it.
“We were so impressed by the hard work and determination of this club. The positivity for the town is outstanding.
“The presentation earned a well deserved round of applause.”
The academy is hoping to expand and is looking for land where a new purpose built academy can be developed.
In the last year young gymnasts have competed at the Europeans invitational competition, represented Cambridgeshire in the East Region level four inter-county teams competition county championships, the Quatro Cup in Wiltshire and in September picked up a stunning medal haul at the Cambridgeshire county championships in Huntingdon where nine girls came home with 31 medals and two trophies between them.
- 1 Man taken to hospital with serious injuries after B1098 crash
- 2 Family escape 'devastating fire' that ripped through home
- 3 Leslie 'faster, fitter, happier' after losing 10 stone in four months
- 4 Family pleased with 'huge reaction' thanks to charity Christmas lights
- 5 House fire that killed two children will not have further electrical checks
- 6 Bus ‘wars', Aids, Ely parking and a ’vote for fen man – for fen people’
- 7 Cambridgeshire individual diagnosed with Covid-19 Omicron variant
- 8 Rachael takes bronze at national hairdressing competition
- 9 Primary school plans for new town take step forward
- 10 Four charged with modern slavery crimes on one woman