Wisbech town councillors are head over heels for the Fenland Gymnastics Academy.
- Credit: Archant
A round of applause was given to a gymnastics club after one of the instructors gave a talk about their medal-scooping youngsters during a meeting of Wisbech town councillors.
Claire Stock, of Fenland Gymnastics Academy, spoke about the amazing achievements of the young people who train hard to win medals in competitions across the country.
Clerk Terry Jordan said: “Councillors were absolutely amazed. Here is a club achieving great things in the town and most of our councillors knew nothing about it.
“We were so impressed by the hard work and determination of this club. The positivity for the town is outstanding.
“The presentation earned a well deserved round of applause.”
You may also want to watch:
The academy is hoping to expand and is looking for land where a new purpose built academy can be developed.
In the last year young gymnasts have competed at the Europeans invitational competition, represented Cambridgeshire in the East Region level four inter-county teams competition county championships, the Quatro Cup in Wiltshire and in September picked up a stunning medal haul at the Cambridgeshire county championships in Huntingdon where nine girls came home with 31 medals and two trophies between them.
- 1 Pub closes as owners decide not to sell
- 2 Customers report summerhouse builder to fraud investigators
- 3 Residents told 'not to approach' illegal encampment
- 4 Yard sale raises over £1,400 from second annual event
- 5 Father murders daughter’s ex-partner in 'frenzied' multiple knife attack
- 6 Theatre group stalwart steps down after nine years
- 7 Work starts on £3.16m apprenticeship training school
- 8 Town rallies in fight for new hospital
- 9 Health chief’s stark warning: ‘The virus doesn’t care we changed the rules’
- 10 Abandoned mooring could cost £50,000 to replace, says council