Wisbech Town denied winning start by former March Town United star Escorcio
Friendly: Wisbech Town 1 Soham Town Rangers 1
FORMER March Town United star Denny Escorcio scored against his old Fenland rivals to deny Wisbech Town a winning start to the season against Soham Town Rangers.
Escorcio - who has impressed for Andy Furnell’s Soham since leaving the Hares - struck early in the second half to secure a share of the spoils for his new side in Saturday’s 1-1 draw.
His equaliser came after Fenmen striker Nick Davey had opened the scoring mid-way through the first half - converting from the penalty spot.
Former Fenmen striker Furnell’s return to the Elgood’s Fenland Stadium saw an entertaining friendly with Wisbech good value against the Ryman League side.
Wisbech ‘keeper Chris Horton also impressed for Appleby’s side, saving a first-half penalty to start his season in style.
Wisbech Town continue their pre-season preparations with a trip to rivals March Town United tomorrow (Tuesday) night. Kick off is 7.45pm.
- 1 Boxing club 'absolutely gutted' as mass brawl abandons show
- 2 Live music, over 100 stalls and fair rides as Christmas market returns
- 3 Thief will spend Christmas in prison after breaching court order
- 4 Grandmother paralysed by Covid slowly improving, judge told
- 5 Owner left excited as town's 'heirloom' features on I'm A Celebrity trial
- 6 One arrest and cars seized on busy day for cops
- 7 Horse rider injured in crash on Ramsey Road in Warboys
- 8 Drug dealers operating the ‘Marlo’ and ‘Star’ lines have been jailed
- 9 Staff threatened with sledgehammer in armed robbery at St Neots jewellers
- 10 Rail passengers urged to plan ahead of vital junction rebuild