Wisbech Town goalkeeper Jordan announces shock switch to March Town United
GOALKEEPER Lea Jordan has announced his intention to make a sensational switch from Wisbech Town to neighbours March Town United.
Reliable shot-stopper Jordan issued a statement on the Fenmen’s fans forum last night, saying work commitments and fewer midweek games had played a large part in his decision to leave the Fenland Stadium.
It is another huge blow to Steve Appleby’s side - after Callum Reed and captain Paul Cousins defected to fierce rivals King’s Lynn Town just weeks after winning the Ridgeons Challenge Cup with the Fenmen.
But Jordan’s announcement will be a huge boost to Ridgeons First Division March, who play at Step 6 of the non-league ladder - one level lower than Wisbech.
The 25-year-old ‘keeper played for new Hares boss Brett Whaley at Peterborough Premier League Side Ramsey Town before joining Wisbech.
In a statement released on Wisbech’s forum last night, Jordan said: “I just wanted to say that I’ll be playing for March next season. I didn’t want to but work commitments played their part.
“I would like to thank everybody for their support and for welcoming me to the club. I wish Apps and the boys all the best. I’m sure with the great support the club have they will go far.
- 1 Village shop hit by ram raiders
- 2 F1 fan Magdalena bids to land 'once in a lifetime' chance
- 3 Motorcyclist in serious condition after A142 tractor crash
- 4 A47 near Wisbech set to close for seven weekends due to roadworks
- 5 Teenager was ‘acting in self-defence’ when stamping on boy’s head
- 6 Second river crash in a week as driver escapes injury
- 7 Father and son accused of man's murder set to stand trial this summer
- 8 New cops truck catches out law-breaking drivers in successful week
- 9 Sex offender who 'wiped internet history' jailed for breaching court orders
- 10 Jail for suspected hare courser who forced cars off road during police pursuit
“I’d like to think I’d be welcome back and hope to play again one day. All the best and Up The Fenmen.”
Jordan could form part of a new-look squad at the GER, with March boss Whaley looking to have secured a host of new faces both on and off the pitch. For more on changes at March Town United see tomorrow’s Cambs Times.